Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, figured I'd better get active so i can take advantage of the marketplace. I'm still getting into the swing of things here, so bear with me. ill try and figure how to post pictures and get my car on here in a bit. I have a 2011 SE that I am slowly converting to an SES as far as appearances go. Thanks for your time!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Welcome to ff,,,, happy modding,,,,,, what performance/ suspension mods do you have planned?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have it lowered on some tokico Blues and eibach sport lines, I think the massive rear disk conversion is up next as soon as they make it for the mk2. Long term, probably manual swap. Sick of the automatic. The audio side of things is done for now, I have kicker 6x8s in all the doors and a 12" sub in the trunk with a clarion head unit. Hoping to someday get rolling on a turbo from fswerks, but I might have to re-enlist for that to happen haha! I'm keeping an eye out for some ses bumpers in the meantime, that should wrap it up nicely for now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the double post here, I'll just list off what I've done so far to get her where she's at. First mod I ever did was swapping the cracked up crusty steering wheel with no buttons out for a leather wrapped wheel with cruise control and audio controls. My local ford dealership programmed the cruise control for free and that got my bug going for modding. Next up I got some remote entry fobs off amazon and got them working for about $5 or so. Decided the headunit on the SE was far too obnoxious, got on crutchfield and ordered up a double din dash kit and a clarion nx404 navigation headunit. Ended up hooking that to the steering wheel and getting a nice hands free phone setup going fairly cheap. Unfortunately, it amplifies the door speaker lines 50 watts per channel and ended up blowing the doors pretty quick after I got my 600 watt kicker 12" in the trunk. The doors just couldn't keep up. I ended up getting some kicker 6x8 speakers with tweeters and throwing those in a few weeks ago. Now I'm not a terribly smart person, but I know the focus does enjoy it's corners. Who am I to stand in between my car and what it loves? I got some tokico blue shocks and struts and some eibach sport line springs and threw them on the car in the dark in a barracks parking lot with borrowed tools. Good times. And obviously the chrome had to go, looks like straight ass to me. Ended up sniping some ses tails on eBay and nabbed a grill and headlights off some other site a few weeks later. Lastly, just got some 17" eap wheels and they just need some tlc. Soon they will be black. For the future, I'm looking into a rear disk conversion and a manual tranny swap. Perhaps a lip kit or ses bumpers, whatever pops up at an opportune time. Maybe a tint job too. Sorry about the essay there, reading is good for you though.

Interesting side note, the only mod I didn't do myself was the sub and amp wiring. Sadly, I was out of state and had no tools. I'm trying to keep it in the spirit of MCM and I'm cheap haha

Again, sorry for Postzilla there. Kinda got out of hand. [dunno]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts