Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Im gonna post this one up, but im gonna make it a early one since world cup is on sunday and i need to watch that at 2 pm. We had a good turn out last time even with the rain, and i know you guys can make it out a bit early for this one if you want to chill.

Place: Loews Raceway Park Movie Theatre (as always)
Time: 10 am Sunday July 9th

Mapquest this address if your new.

1025 Corporate Drive, Westbury, NY, United States

heres a link to the map of the location.

http://maps.google.com/maps? q=1025...tates&hl=en

my number is 631-833-8409 if you need anything.

Loking to get a meet, then a cruise, then some food or something of sorts like last time.
last meet:

·
Registered
124 Posts
early birds

yea ill push for it better not rain [^]

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
yo I might paint my rims this weekend if its nice [:D]
so if I come Ill have my blazer.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
are we having another install day one day this summer? I'm ordering a header one of these days and I don't have a place to install it :(

edit: maybe just getting svt suspension instead :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, we can do another install day, no problem at all. Ill make our next gtg install/bbq day or something like that. If you guys dont mind the drive we could do it again out here.

I actually just installed a new 98' euro grille, aem cai, rt cat, and focussport rear stress bar. The only one I didnt install myself was the rt cat, since i knew it was going to be a bitch, and even the muffler shop had some minor issues putting it on.

Though the combination of the tune, rt cat, and aem intake really make it sound like a mean rally car, thuroughly impressed.

The rear stress bar was bitch lining up since its a super tight fit, but its definitely a noticeable difference.

Just need to get my one silver headlight in, so i can color match both headlights, while making them both yellow. Probably gonna powdercoat my wheels bronze also. Pretty much done with modding for a year or after that. Maybe a dogbone mount.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
so greg, I have a question.

what do you think I should go for?

svt suspension ($250) + install ($???) = ???
header($400) = $400
steeda short shifter($180) + vf rear mount($100) = $280

I want power, but I know even if I get a header, the car won't be fast enough plus the car sounds like a ricer honda (see the duratec forum for a video), but I don't want to go through the hassle of finding a place to do my svt suspension that is close by and won't take forever.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i would say,

this is me, save your money for a better suspension if they make one for your car. I would say an h&r cup kit would be great.

The header sounded like crap, what kind of gains overall do you get with combination of chip, filter, borla, and header.

The mount and short shifter is alright for something easy to do.

Truly i think with a good suspension you would be happy.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
I'm not looking to spend 1200$ on a suspension.. I've heard nothing but good things for the svt suspension.. I'm not autoxing or anything, so I thought it would be fine.

Header gained a total of 12whp from Draxas' dyno runs.. which put their car at 130-ish whp/wtq without a tune, so with a tune I'd say 135whp 138wtq

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hr cup kit can be had for 600 dollars. Im not talking about coilovers here. You could also shop around for either bilstien or koni shocks with some race springs. Im just thinking of something that would please you.

SVT suspension is great, i mean if you want to buy mine for even cheaper its up to you. Just a question though, do you have the mountings for the rear sway bar.

Though it wouldnt be a problem to do the supsension on your car at install day. Im gonna do my camber plates and bolts that day, just cause i havent really had the time to take apart my suspension yet.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes I have it all. Hmm, save up and go to a shop one day and have them make brakets on the subframe one day.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they have 26000 on them, since I took them off the svt. I can do 175 and well do the install of course on install day. Should be cake, we will have air tools to work with.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
sold [:D][thumb] thanks.. can't wait to install them. this summer will be car part summer.

svt suspension, steeda short shifter, vf rear mount(maybe.. does this help a lot?)

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
^^yea i must agree with that, the header would be nice, but it wouldnt be as noticable in the fun factor. With the suspension youll definitly love how the car handles better, and the short throught shifter will make driving that much better.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts