Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks man. I’m eager to find out What the problem is myself. I just hope it’s not something completely stupid that I overlooked

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Got my zx3 back today and it runs better than before! Actually ended up being the fuel pressure sensor. Although I pulled the vacuum line off of the sensor and it appeared dry, I never thought to open the throttle body and look into the intake manifold. I’ll mark that one up as a live and learn. So anytime the fuel pump was running it was just dumping fuel into the intake and causing all of my problems. Luckily my friend that I took it to has a harley that needs a little work, and me being a former harley tech, worked out a deal for work exchanged for work. So it only ended up costing me the price of the part and a one day rental from hertz.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Got my zx3 back today and it runs better than before! Actually ended up being the fuel pressure sensor. Although I pulled the vacuum line off of the sensor and it appeared dry, I never thought to open the throttle body and look into the intake manifold. I’ll mark that one up as a live and learn. So anytime the fuel pump was running it was just dumping fuel into the intake and causing all of my problems. Luckily my friend that I took it to has a harley that needs a little work, and me being a former harley tech, worked out a deal for work exchanged for work. So it only ended up costing me the price of the part and a one day rental from hertz.
(y)
Thanks for the update. Interesting that the scan tool fuel pressure data was high and that it only misfired on cylinders 2 and 3.
BTW what ever fuel pressure sensor you got you want to return it and buy this one:

Paul

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
But yea I think the fuel that was sitting in the manifold was just shooting right into those cylinders when the valves opened and not making it to the farther cylinders. Not sure it that actually the case but sounds good in theory lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Also I just wanna say thank you for the help. I know a lot of times on forums it’s hard to find people that are willing to go through everything with you and it is much appreciated. Glad I joined when I started having issues with the car (y)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts