Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont laugh guys, but I thought I read somewhere that when you take your SVTF in for warrenty work they will provide a loner car?? Is this true? Or is there some catch or does this idea not even exist? I'm taking mine in next Wednesday for a few minor things like tune, CD player being gay and such. Just curious.

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
Nope, free rental car as described in the SVTf manual.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i would like to comment on this one...make sure it is a certified SVT dealership. they will also wash/vac ur car too. i had my car sit up for 3 weeks for a cv shaft that they [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up! we still payed the rental. i dont have a svtf owners manual. the dick who ahd my car before me, kept it. take it to an svt dealership.

·
Registered
524 Posts
02SVTsilverstreak, you can have the dealership order you the SVT Owners manual supplement. I made mine order it because they threw it away. Apparently when a dealership sells a used car, they throw away the owners manuals. Didn't make sense to me, but they ordered up new ones for me.

And like JohnMichael said, they pay for a rental, you have to pay for the insurance (if you get it). And yeah, make sure they wash your car and vac it too.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
it shouldnt matter if you have manuals or not. simply, when the VIN on the screen tells them it is an SVT, you must be given these perks. NOW....they will only wash/vac if you ask them!!!! but the rental car will always be free.
you dont need no stinkin manuals! and im not sure that the stealership has to be SVT or not.

·
Registered
579 Posts
loaner car

well i will tell you my story. took the car in to the dealer i bought it from, authorized SVT dealer, and i was told it's not free. called the # in my owners manual and was told it's just like the ext warranty thing, it's a rental. i would have to pay the difference if it was not the same size car and the taxes and insurance was extra. not happy at all about that

·
Registered
289 Posts
You will have use of either a dealter 'loaner' car or a paid rental vehicle, but don't be surprised if you have to remind your dealer of this service. Call ahead so they are ready for you. Also, if the repair work isn't warranty-related, this service isn't valid.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I believe to get the loaner car you must be 25 or older cause of insurance reasons.

·
Registered
723 Posts
You guys have got to find a better dealership.

I've taken my car in several times major (tranny went out) and minor (mirror rattled) and have never had a problem with any of the SVT perks. They always set me up with a rental and paid for it. Even with me only being 19 at the time. They have always washed it as well.

Sounds like I've been lucky.

·
Registered
165 Posts
yes, you have been lucky.. I have always gotten my rental paid for, but no wash/vac. :(

Other than that, it has been great!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
they should provide you the rental any honest place will tell you that (the dealership never told about it and i've had it in when i first got my car for a warrenty problem, they had it for 3 days). but you have to request for the wash/vac and they will do that. and to be 25 about renting a car, that's true if you went to a car rental place and tried to rent one. it's different when the insurance companies or dealerships provide you with the loaners, because it goes through your insurance company if anything were to happen or if you purchase their insurance plan.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow. Thanx guys for all the info. so it sounds like when I drop it off on Wednesday I will need to remind them that hey, How abotu that wash and vacuum. I dont htink I will try and push the rental thing but I dunno depends on my mood. Oh BTW though I bought my SVT from a private party, he did include all the SVT materials though, I should still be eligible for these little perks coorect??

·
Registered
723 Posts
As long as it's still under warrany you can get everything; rental, wash & vac.

Is your car still under warranty though? I see that you have an '02 and it's 3 year/36,000 warranty should have ran out in '05. Hopefully you have an extended warranty.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes I do. The guy I bought it from got the 5 year/75,000 mile one. And with only 36k on the clock I dont think I will be going over the mileage before the time is up hehe.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well ok I took it in today. My god they dont call it a stealership for nothing. Firstly the plastic cowl that sits right above the hood is coming off. You knwo the plastic piece under the windshield wipers. The guy said, "ohh thats not covered under warrenty of any kind." I was like what??? I have the premium care package the best one you can get. I also told him about the bogging and such that we all know these SVTs do and asked if they could do the reflash. The guy was like ohh well we will figure out what the problem is and determine if its needed. OK!!!?? Then my Cd changer is not excepting discs so I told him about that. He punched it in and it said it was covered under warrenty. I then said so how about a rental car since its an SVT. The guy was like ok lemme talk to someone first. So we go see some old supervisor guy. He says that since I'm past the initial 36k miles that the CD player and Engine bogging may not be covered and that they shouldn't give a rental out for it. I was like ok WTF???? How can both things not be covered if I have the premium care package which is still valid until 2007. And besides the computer just told the other guy that the CD player was covered. The guy sees my annoyance and says "ok the other guy will explain it to you." I was ok fine. So we leave that numb nuts office and the guy I was dealing with says, "its ok we'll give you the rental." I felt like saying damn right you will!!! But I didn't and was happy atleast it had been settled and I went on my merry way. Hopefully there wont be any other bullshit to deal with. And ohh did you guys know there is a $50 deductible or something for warrenty work??

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
um.....no there isn't...........I had a 4-wheel balance and alignment done, and I also had a motor mount, dash cluster, and a seat squeak at the same time, WITH a loaner for 2 weeks.......total cost for me was $77.00 for the alignment mount and balance [;)]

I was 22 when I had this done, and I got a loaner no prob, they didn't even check it.....I just gave them the laoner keys, paid the $77.00 and left [:)] this dealership WAS SVT cert at the time when SVT existed.......Now I can just go to any dealership I guess.....but for major repairs, I'll go back to me SVT trained place [thumb]

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^^ No there isn't what? I'm not following you there. Are you saying you dont need to be 25 to get the rental car??? If so I'd have to agree since Im only 21 but they didn't even check.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
you have to be 25 when you go get a rental from a rental company, but you don't have to be that age when you are appointed one the insurance company or dealership. i asked that same question (i'm 22) when my car was in being fixed when an old woman backed into it in a parking lot. they gave me a loaner for a week while my car got fixed. you might have to pay a deductable on the extended warrenty though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts