Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i pulled #46 and my brake light and abs turned on i have 2many lights on in my dash and so i put it back in is this suppose 2 happen or did i pull the wrong fuse

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
What are you trying to do???

If you are trying to defeat traction control, then yep...thats the one...

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
If you pull that fuse, you'll be left looking at those lights till you put it back in.
(BTW, along with the brake and ABS lights, the TC light should be on as well)

You do realize not only do you lose ABS and TC, but you also lose the brake proportioning between the front and rear.
Normal bias favors (by a substantial margin) the fronts.
Pulling that fuse gets you a 50/50 split.
I would NOT recommend this for daily driving...strictly for the track (drag race) only.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea if felt different when i braked so i put it back in im going to the track thurs so ill c if this makes a difference

·
Registered
426 Posts

yeah just let them stay on for 45k miles... ive had mine on since 03 and they burned out a few months back

-Rick

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
itbparada wow u left the fuse out for 45kmiles i dont think its worth it that much i mean yea i do want 2 start faster. But if i need 2 stop hard i do want abs, i think ill jus move my tune a few months forward:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: .

itbparada said:
yeah just let them stay on for 45k miles... ive had mine on since 03 and they burned out a few months back

-Rick
haha wow man, i couldnt help but laugh when i read that.

I would just leave it in until track day then take it out once you get there

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
why dont you just rig up the TC byPass switch and be done with it?

I believe there is a how-to on here somewhere.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I dislike abs and traction control. They are both a waste to me and feel they hinder me from pushing the car that little bit further.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i dont believe ABS breaking is a waste. maybe traction control, but i think ABS has prolly saved a lot of lives. Why risk it if your just daily driving? What if you need that extra breaking power some day. Its just not wise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts