Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiousity, I'm wondering if anyone has run a log style manifold with an N/A SVT? I'm kinda pondering going back to N/A, I donno. Just kinda bored with the blower. Not the blower but I find myself not even using the power it makes that much at all. Thinking of going back to my old setup of 65mm TB and AEM CAI but instead of the factory DSI mani, a log style. Just an idea, couldn't recall anyone doing it.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
kinda thinking of going back the stock route too. had a rotor bearing go out in mine and they want 500 for a complete rebuild plus shipping. not really sure which route to take...lol

but never heard of anyone going with anything but the dual runner mani

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thats what I was wondering. I mean, I know the DSI helps low end torque and high end power, but seems like an overall better flowing mani might be a better route.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump any other opinions? Tom you may be able to give me some useful advice on this.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
If you get rid of your blower, let me know. PM ME!!!!! haha, I may be able to take it off your hands if you want.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The intake manifold imo would be iffy. You would have to tune for it because of the increased airflow. I imagine that something would have to be done with the dsi...weather it be a tune or a delete. Im sure there are gains to be had but on a N/A application i dont think it would be worth it...if anything go with the FR one. IMO

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I have a design one... its a VERY good Idea for one... I just HATE the DSI.

·
Banned
621 Posts
You'd be better of coming with an ITB setup,than making your own intake mani. Either one you do make sure to document everything.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Hey, I called dibs on it first. haha

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Haha, it's cool. LoL

Besides, who says he's even gonna sell it.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
But if he does, I get first dibbs!!!! [hihi]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a design one... its a VERY good Idea for one... I just HATE the DSI.
Really? Care to share the design? I'm still curious and if I didn't use it, I'm sure others would be. I to also wasn't real fond of the DSI setup, was glad to get rid of it with the blower manifold...oh, and just so everyone knows...............

5000th POST!!!!
[headbang] [headbang] [headbang] [headbang] [gunfire] [strongman] [hatchet] [hatchet] [cheers] [thumb] [neener]

You know what this means right? I officially have no life.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Haha, congrats on number 5000.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I guess i'll take 3rd in line on the Supercharger if sold... lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts