Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
Everything was working fine the other day, then came out of a store to pop the hatch with the remote on my 2005 ZX5 and it didnt work, tried to unlock doors, nothing either. Opened door with key, hit trunk release button on dash, nothing. Hit door lock switch, nothing. Can hear a click behind the dash when I click the buttons on the fob, and if I hit unlock twice the horn honks so I'm assuming the fuse behind the fuse box for the locks etc is fine. Kind of stumped with what the problem could be as it worked fine 2 days ago. Also, obviously, the auto lock feature when you start driving isn't working either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I can pop hatch manually with a screwdriver, but cant get it to fully release. It just pops open slightly. There a trick to get it open so I can check the wiring in the little accordian boot from the body to the hatch?

Cheers from Canada

Derek
zx3tunerzx5

·
Registered
980 Posts
Can hear a click behind the dash when I click the buttons on the fob, and if I hit unlock twice the horn honks so I'm assuming the fuse behind the fuse box for the locks etc is fine.

Cheers from Canada

Derek
zx3tunerzx5
Did you get this resolved? If not keep in mind that the GEM uses two fuses and that the horn circuit uses its own seperate fuse. You need to check F32 (15A, front of CJB) and F63 (20A, rear of CJB).

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. I'll check them. The fact that I can hear the relay clicking when hit the button for the door lock on the door or click the buttons on the remote I can hear it as well. Made me assume that the fuses weren't the problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'll check them. The fact that I can hear the relay clicking when hit the button for the door lock on the door or click the buttons on the remote I can hear it as well. Made me assume that the fuses weren't the problem
Did you get the hatch latch working? How?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not as yet. Still have to check the fuse behind the fuse box. Hoping that's it if not it will have to wait till spring when its warmer as it's likely broken wires somewhere in the hatch if it's not the fuse. Just too cold to bother with now. Then again if it is the fuse that's blown, it might be from wires in the hatch shorting out or something. I'll post back when I do figure anything out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not as yet. Still have to check the fuse behind the fuse box. Hoping that's it if not it will have to wait till spring when its warmer as it's likely broken wires somewhere in the hatch if it's not the fuse. Just too cold to bother with now. Then again if it is the fuse that's blown, it might be from wires in the hatch shorting out or something. I'll post back when I do figure anything out
I went to a collision shop and the owner's guess was that a rod in the drivers door was not working.
clearing snow by unrolling the window water gets down in there. I didn't get it fixed or checked. And a bit cold to take the inside door panel off.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
A faulty rod only disables that particular outside door open handle and nothing else. Everything else will work fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts