Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im thinking about stopping off at Ford and getting a locking gas cap b/c last week at my friends house when i left i noticed the fuel door open again, but not the gas cap. Car hasnt died on me so i guess nothing happened but i really wanna be certain shit isnt being put in my tank when i find my cap open again. Is the ford one a good one, ive heard after market ones dont seal right. I already get bad enough gas milage, i dont need more problems.

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
I bought mine from redlinetuning.com when I ordered their billet fuel door. I haven't had any problems with it and I've been using it for at least two years. It may be a bit 'pricey' compared to one that you could find at AutoZone or some such, but perhaps the one from Ford would also work just as well for a decent cost.

Cheers!

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yup very good insurance against all the retarded teenage punks out there......... [thumb]

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'd definitely get one if you think people are stealing your gas or are going to put something in your tank. It shouldn't really matter what brand you buy, as long as it has the same size threads as the stock one. I think they changed from the conventional twist on/off cap to the turn-and-pull caps for the newer models (I work at a gas station so I've filled a few Focus' in my time).

Most of the time locking gas caps are a total pain in the ass (especially in the winter), but good insurance if you know people are messing with your car. Just remember it might stop the kids who are going around trying to open gas caps, but if someone wants to open a locking gas cap all they need is a screwdriver.. one good tap and the lock breaks pretty easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts