Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i opened the hatch, grabbed what i needed, closed it, then used my key fob to lock the doors. and you know how when you use the fob the lights blink? well thats how its always been for me... but it just stopped.... no blinks!
if i press it twice fast, it now not only does not blink, but it honks--twice! what the heck is going on?
i know its locked, because the focus electric door locks are loud enough to set off surrounding vehicle alarms.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
The Honk is normal after the second press
The 2 honks is a sign somethings wrong and no lights is another

My old Security system would so the same thing wen either a zone is open ( hood, door,trunk

Hrmm I just went out and tried everything under the sun ( on my Focus) including panic the alarm by popping the hood ( hood has a pop sensor) without unlocking or entering the car which set the alarm off and I can't get it to duplicate your problem.. I tried locking it in the run, access, key in ignition but set off, opening every door including the hood

My other car would not arm if any of the doors/trunk or hood was popped or if the key was in the ignition set to access/run and did the same wouldn't blink but the remote would chime and the horn would beep twice

·
Registered
459 Posts
Two honks and no light blinks means either a door or the trunk is still open.

Trust me!

For one, it says that in your owners manual.

For two, mine does the same because I have a non functioning door ajar switch.

·
Registered
459 Posts
sorry double post

1 - 4 of 4 Posts