Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a guy on this site that wants to sell me his sct and he already has the tunes that i want will it work or do i have to get it unloked.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The guy can unlock it himself. Just tell him to go to the SCT website and download the "Liveload" program. That has an option to unlock the device so it can be used on another vehicle. Tell him to send you a "screen print-out" (Print Screen button) by email to confirm that it has been unlocked.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you have to get it unlocked even if you or the other person didn't get an aftermarket tune. On my predator i have the tune that came in the box.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Once a tune is loaded into the car, that unit (be it Predator or XCal) is married (VIN locked) to the car.
Doesn't matter if it's an out of the box tune or custom tune.
Either way, the car will need to be re-flashed with the stock tune, and the unit unlocked in the PC software.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same with Xcal...I actually tested it first hand using my SCT Flasher and an F350 Powerstroke. I of course loaded the respective tune for the correct vehicle. I dont have the sct software, just the program on the sctflash.com site..

·
Registered
191 Posts
The XCal's should unlock when flashed back to stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts