Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Ford Focus with a 2.0 L engine and Single Overhead. My air filter is filled with oil and my fiance took it to be looked at it and the mechanic said the PVC Valve needed to be replaced. I have a book that shows where the PVC Valve is and I still cannot find it. I have looked online and to no avail. Could someone please explain to me where it is, show me a picture, etc? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
on the zetec engines they are right near the header, on the drivers side....kinda crappy place to put it if you ask me.

Facing your car, look just to the right of the last header tube to your right and you will see it down in there.

photo courtesy of DarthFocus (or whatever he calls himself these days, lol)

*note, this is on an SVT zetec.....pretty certain that the regular zetec should be same location. Take a look and see if its there.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
he's gotta SPI.. but the location is fairly similar anyway

·
Registered
593 Posts
Actually it's not. On the SPI the PCV valve is right in the valve cover. It's hte black hose that comes out the back, on hte right (not the hose that routes to the airbox). At first I didn't believe this eihter, but after cursing Ford AND Autozone for giving me the wrong valve, I pulled that hose and sure enough there it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts