Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm a new member of the community, so I hope I'm posting in the correct area.

My husband is going to replace our fuel filter in our '02, but have no idea where it's located. Could anyone please tell us how to get to it? Thank you so much!

·
Registered
401 Posts
The fuel pump is IN the fuel tank, the fuel filter is IN FRONT OF the fuel tank under the car. The former is a b, the latter is easy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2005 Focus ZX4 SE 2.0L engine. Only 40,000 miles. Appears my fuel pump is going. Already had the fuel filter replaced but didn't fix the problem. Fuel Pump IS in the fuel tank? What a pain! No wonder it's so much money! Been getting estimates from different places.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yeah I guess like the escapes from the same era have the pump access in the back of the car, the focuses have to have the tank dropped to get to it...

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yes the focus is a bit of a pain when it comes to the fuel pump. it needs to drop down to get to it. If he's not afraid to do a little cutting, it's right under the back seat and iit will make removing the pump pretty easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts