Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, i was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a small local meet together like at hooters, or buffalo wild wings in Milford or somewhere simple like that... im bored sitting around at home all the time when i get out of work and i want to actually meet some of the local foci owners in the area...... any interests? im open to any other locations but i figured most people would know where the Post Mall was...

This is open to anyone and everyone not just foci owners

February 7th @ 3:30 or 4:00 pm until whenever
@ buffalo wind wings at post mall, Milford..

so far the list of people:
ME
BuickBoy
Silver Bullet II
mtadd162 (maybe not)
rhodySVT
CT SVT (maybe)
zx32nr
And an RSX buddy
2002red
Mr. Bill

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Im in! I think we need to recruit more local guys though. Also, theres a few locals over on FJ that we could try to get involved

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey Number 81, where in CT are you? I am moving up there next month, nice to see another Saleen around.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'd be down for a meet. I wouldn't want to do Milford on a weekday though, driving an hour there, right through New Haven after I just worked 10 hours is not something I think I'd enjoy. Maybe something further up 95 North?

I can't get to the Focaljet thread without signing in, but we're also planning a meet on Feb. 21 in Providence if you guys want to check that one out. The "CT" was left out of the thread title so it just says RI/NH/MA or something.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
docsmith1, im in southern ct, Stratford. but yea i agree good to see another saleen owner. are you moving to CT by choice? i see your from tacoma, washington long haul..

Silver bullet II, i agree with you too driving down through new haven sux late in the day i used to have to drive back and forth to windsor, but wen we do meet up, i am planning in my head for it to be a weekend like a saturday or sunday.... suggest a location for us to meet up more near you, we dont have to have just one meet we can do a couple..

from the sounds of it alot of local guys are bored right now, and it looks like most of us are still driving our cars on a daily basis, so lets get some meets together!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, no big deal, I'll be there. It was just really early in the morning and the thought of driving through New Haven brought back some bad memories, lol.

You're right though, I'll just have to arrange something in my neck of the woods.

Anyone here know of "Harry's Place" in Colchester? It's an old-school burger joint that's pretty well-known. I'll see about getting a meet there after they open in the spring. It's a busy place but we could always park across the street.

As for docsmith1, I think we're going to have to drive out and give him a good welcome to the state when he gets here!

·
Registered
315 Posts
docsmith1, im in southern ct, Stratford. but yea i agree good to see another saleen owner. are you moving to CT by choice? i see your from tacoma, washington long haul..

Sort of by choice I guess, My wife is from Southington, and I am in the Army. I am going to be a recruiter in Middletown (Please don't flame, lol, I didnt choose to be a recruiter, the Army told me I had to do it. I am actually a Combat Medic) But I love New England so I figured it would be cool to get her back home and enjoy the seasons for a few years.

·
Registered
315 Posts
BTW, I'm down for a meet, but it will be mid FEB when I am there and getting settled in. CAnt wait to meet the local Foci!

·
Registered
51 Posts
once you get a date set i can see if i can come back to ct for the weekend.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
wings wings [cheers]...milford works for me, hooters works for me....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice sounds like we have at least a few people, i already have it set in my mind that if we could get at least 5 guys that would be cool,

Im cool with you guys inviting your other car buddies too (i like seeing what people are driving and what ideas and mods are done)

silverbullet II, im down for givin docsmith a good welcome run when he gets here.

as for a date, this is the hard part b/c i want to accommodate everyone, but also want to do it soon.... How does February 7th @ 3:30 or 4:00 pm until whenever.. work for everyone? rain/snow date will be the 14th...

throw up some suggestions that will work for everyone, i would like to get docsmith1 involved somehow, maybe we will just do 2 meets haha

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i take that back rain/snow date will not be the 14th, stupid me, those of us that have girlfriends or wives or other wise (whatever your preference may be), having a meet on valentines day would be signing a death warrant.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'm down guys. Doing the big meet in NH on the 31st for sure

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I could do the 7th fo sho and nice call on the 14th, id get beat up [hihi]

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i maybe in on this. just keep updating you first post with info on when and where.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that would be cool if u could make it, get some of your local buddies up there in Hartford to take the trip down.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i would think if everybody was thinking hooters and a good central spot i would say the hooters in Warwick RI.
it would be east to get to from CT,MA and especially RI.

i go there every tuesday and or thursday night. it is rite behing tf green airport.

thursday night is lou ow night and they are all in nikinis and tuesday is all you can eat night 9.99 for a bowl of curly fries and all you can eat wings in intervals of 10 at a time.

it is like a second home to me, lol.
i am prob going tomorrow night if anybody wants to join, lol

1 - 20 of 68 Posts