Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you that aren't going to go on the cruise in the rain, I will be installing the motor with nate on the 25th and 26th.

Text me at 253-732-3550 if you want to come over.

The build

Head:

2.3 head
Arp head studs
Crane Cams
Crower springs and titanium retainers
Stock valves
3 angle valve job
EGR delete
Cossie friction washers and cam sprockets

Block:

2.3 block bored to 88mm
line honed
Arp main studs
Keyed ranger crank and sprocket
Eagle rods
Supertec 11.6:1 88mm pistons
Clevite race main and rod bearings
Massive BSD and Baffle

New oil pump, water pump, 34lb ford racing injectors etc.

Exedy stage 1 clutch with 9.5lb flywheel

Cossie Intake Mani

Power steering pump retrofit for Cossie
And much more.

I have the short block put together and am going to install the head later on this week pending upon my valve to piston clearance and final cylinder compression numbers. This is my first build and I have done most everything myself with thorough research! Although Nate did help me finish pulling my old motor.

I have a few pictures but to be honest, I didn't take many as I am not a picture type person.

The motor is going lime green/ massive purple... Hulk theme (the lime green is much nicer in person and trust me, I meticulously prepped this thing so fingers crossed it holds up)

I am posting this to tentatively set up a work party at my Inlaws place. I have the tools so really no need to bring more tools unless you want to. Everything will be to the point where the engine will be assembled and timed and ready to drop in. The Cossie intake will then need to be installed along with the powersteering pump. From there it will just be all of the misc wires, hoses, and my new oil pressure and oil temp gauge to the sandwich plate.

After that I will upload my initial start up tune from Tom and prime my motor hopefully getting adequate oil pressure from my new pump that I packed full of Redline assembly lube.

The process is pretty straight forward and could serve as an install party/post FW GtG/ learning experience for some and hanging out for others. And of course if there is a party I will have to do my best to kick the in laws out for the day and get a bunch of food and drinks etc.

I would probably lean towards the end of Sept of early Oct for this if there is interest. If there isn't much interest I will just go ahead with the install all by myself.. and hopefully with Nate [wrenchin]

The goal is over 200whp and 160 wtq although I might need a more aggressive cam to achieve this as I am going to initially use my stage 1 crane cam setup (they are broken in with the buckets from my 2.0 and I already have em). Next year before I get my car re-sprayed, I will probably upgrade to a stage 2 cam.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Hmmmm

·
Registered
293 Posts
All u have to do is let me no when u want me to come up Chris. I will be their to help.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Lock in a date and I will check the calendar. I'll try to stay out of the way of you guys that know what you're doing. [wrenchin]

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will try and lock in something somewhat soon. I ran into a slight issue while I was calculating my final compression numbers. It looks like I am at 13.5:1. lol way too high. To lower this I need to increase the volume in the combustion chamber and toss on a thicker cometic head gasket.

I wish I could run that much compression but the majority of my build does not support that type of power; not to mention I refuse to drive to Auburn to fill up on 100 octane every time I need gas.

Either way I will have to order a Cometic gasket that will take a while to get to my door!

As soon as I get this sorted out I will post a date and see what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
That's high compression alright! Can't wait to we it rip down the road again

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like it will be 3 weeks or so from today until I get my Cossie timing chain, Cossie cam gears, cossie friction washer for cam gears and cossie timing guides!

Sucks I have to wait soo long but it is coming from the UK through EDO performance in Orange, CA

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
100 octane!!!!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do, I have found myself at a stall in my build process. It comes down to either machining the rods down a bit and getting everything rebalanced or buying a custom cometic .066 head gasket. The gasket has a few days lead time and a week or so to ship. I will keep this thread updated and hopefully everything goes smooth after I get all of this sorted.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
LMK Chris

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
But it's your in-laws place right?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got my order in for Stage 2 Crane Cams... will be selling my Crane Stage 1's here shortly. If anyone local wants them let me know. I can also help you install them if you want.

·
Cars&Corgis
4,448 Posts
Got my order in for Stage 2 Crane Cams... will be selling my Crane Stage 1's here shortly. If anyone local wants them let me know. I can also help you install them if you want.
Definitely. How much you thinkin? They're compatible with 2.0's, yea? Also, its way faster to get a hold of me on facebook or via text.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I got my cometic hg in the mail today. Still waiting on Cossie timing stuff and then its install time. Dont know when that will be though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts