Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really!?! I ordered my new 2012 Focus from the factory. Exactly what I wanted. I did not want to drive it for 21 days and have the SYNC shut down for battery saving mode, gauges go dead, no power steering and PULL OVER SAFELY TO THE SIDE ENGINE OVERHEATING. Really!?!? So I get to the dealer and 2 weeks later!!! I get my car back and it has a new download and module. Today...3 days after I picked it back up...it goes into battery saving mode...shutting down...no guages...dies...in the middle of the left lane of a very bust street during rush hour!!! Just great!!!
1 more time = lemon

This really sucks!! I like the car, wanted the car, wanted to support FORD. but this is not safe for me, my family or anyone around me.

thanks for caring FORD. Love the "thank you for taking the time to contact us" letters. Glad to help.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
sorry your first post had to be telling us your misfortunes but welcome to FF!!!! its crazy hearing all these things going wrong with the 2012's. hopefully your car gets back to running so you can enjoy it!

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
sorry that had to happen to you [:(] welcome to FF though great community!

This is what happens when a company wants to change everything [confused] damn technology is gonna get the best of us sooner or later lol

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Welcome to FF!!

We have a Ford Customer Service rep on this site who can take actions to help your case if you are unsatisfied with your dealer. You don't have to take your car back to the dealer where you bought the car if you are unhappy with their service.

Best wishes on this, and I hope they get it figured out. Problems have been more common than typical with this newest car, but they are working to solve the problems as best as they can. Unfortunately, there's a lot of new tech to take in.

Do whatever you can do to protect yourself of course. I know it's no consolation, but we have members on here who have not had any problems with their 2012 Focus. Best wishes to a good resolution of your problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts