Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that you only get a loaner if it is warranty work but I could be wrong. I curbed my car & requested a loaner. The service writer said I don't get a loaner for self inflicted wounds.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Damage your fault? I know you will get a loaner if the damage was inflicted by someone else, then their insurance pays for you a loaner. They dont volunteer that information, you kinda have to just tell them I want a loaner..

·
Registered
110 Posts
is it lot damage?

sorry, i dunno how long you owned the car but i thought that i would try

anyway if it is they should provide you with a rental car

if it is an accident....you have to take that up with the insurance company

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Infra3sv said:
Schrader - did your accident involve insurance? If it does then you should get a loaner.
If it was a at-fault claim not all insurance plans include a loaner, unless you have it in your clause. If it was a non-at-fault claim 'their' insurance should provide you with a loaner. Then there are some body shops, with a insurance claim do offer a loaner vehical for you, if your car is being repaired with them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not really an accident... left it parked and some how it woke up with an inch long dent and scratch on the hood...

can i claim it as vadalism....
and i was talking about geting a loaner from the dealer...

thanks

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
If you have not already, you need to get a police report, and then I dont see why you would not be able to claim it as vadalism..

Some people are just {EDIT}
cant have nothing nice anymore..

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you are using a Ford collision repair shop, I would ask them to honor the SVT policy. It states that a loner will be provided for all work, excluding oil changes. That is the only exclusion I have ever seen in print. I do know that when my dealer puts me in a loaner car, they are re-imbursed by Ford.

Can't ask to ask. Sorry to hear your Focus was damaged..... bummer
bfoscused

·
Registered
134 Posts
The loaner car is for any maintenance except for an oil change. Body shop work is not concidered maintenance.

Sorry for the bad news. Your dealer, if they work with a rental car agency, should be able to provide you with a rental car at their bre-negotiated rate. I had my dealer do some body work after my SVTF was vandalized, and they hooked me up with Enterprise and got a car for $15/day. You cannot really beat that.

Jonas

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the replies...

what i will do is get it in the shop tomorrow... saty home for thanksgiving!!! and do nothing!!! not even shower...!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts