Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Florida No hills it was bouncing back and forth between 46.1 and 45.7 very windy today sometimes at my back sometimes at my side which im sure is why my gas mileage went back and forth. took these pictures at the last stretch of a 40 mile trip.

Car has 2.5" Borla catback and K&N Filter with a .050" spark plug gap

·
Registered
418 Posts
Tailwind,
At that speed you probably had a couple of friends running behind pushing the car.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I used to get excited when seeing those #'s. I've since learned they don't stay around long.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
It is true the great over 40mpg numbers can be fleeting. Just the fact they exist is good news.
I have had them often on a smooth flat not busy freeway often enough going 50mph 55mph to be very happy.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i can say that i honestly getting better mileage then it did brand new

First tank 370 second tank 423 and im still on this one. With a little over 1/4 tank and 90 to empty on the dash. So im not complain... Better then my 396 vette and my turbo focus so im in heaven! Glad I got one of the problem free (knock on wood) cars.

·
Registered
132 Posts
FocusBoy58 well done... that is hypermiler worthy!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If you can cruise in town at 55 mph, you are a lucky one. In my town, cruiser is not an option. So, I love my 27.3 mpg - 30 mpg round (70% city - 30% hwy). And yes, if I go on the hwy and reset my "real life" mpg, I get 40+. But hey, when I do the math at the pump, 27.4 mpg is what I got last time. Great for me, whilst with my other car I had 20 mpg this time of year.
P.S. I don't baby it though. It's too fun to drive and not push a bit in that pedal !

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm averaging 32 mpg and that includes time spent on the twisties. Give me that anyday. When I ask my wife if she enjoys the car when she drives it she said "not really...because I'm trying to baby it to get higher mpg". Sorry, if I have to sacrifice one thing, fun vs higher mpg.....the fun will win everytime!!!

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm averaging 32 mpg and that includes time spent on the twisties. Give me that anyday. When I ask my wife if she enjoys the car when she drives it she said "not really...because I'm trying to baby it to get higher mpg". Sorry, if I have to sacrifice one thing, fun vs higher mpg.....the fun will win everytime!!!
Hard to mess up mpg in a straight road lol... I never sacrifice my fun just look at my terrible driving record ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts