Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 1990 Toyota Truck that i built to show, now it just sits in the garage until my one of my sons decide they want it. It's listed on StreetSourcemag.com as TOYZRUS....From 95 to 2005 i won around 200 trophies, my wife calls them dust collectors....now they sit in my basement.

My oldest son just turned 15 this will be his first truck a 1999 Tacoma.

Sorta found my new Luv in my 2003 SVT..

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
it looks new too.. do you take it offroad?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
im creamin my pants... hope that's not too explicit LOL.. i'd def test that out through the mud

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nahh not a Mud Toy..it has been in the rain maybe 4 times in the last 7 years, it really needs some serious TLC. That was going to & from Shows. The paint is original other than the tailgate when the handle was shaved & the Fender Flares.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
nice. those Tacoma's are nice trucks. but you might want to get that into a dealership. i know here in New Hampshire at least. not sure where you are. but they're pulling the 1995-2000 tacoma's off the road. my step-father had one, loved it nothing ever went wrong with it. but found out one day that it was not safe for the road. he didnt even have 100k on it. the frame rotted right through. Toyota has recall on those. and pays top dollar. the dealer pulled 96 out of 100 off the road in one day here. they will pay for rental and give you blue book plus 50% [ohcrap]

·
Registered
889 Posts
nice. those Tacoma's are nice trucks. but you might want to get that into a dealership. i know here in New Hampshire at least. not sure where you are. but they're pulling the 1995-2000 tacoma's off the road. my step-father had one, loved it nothing ever went wrong with it. but found out one day that it was not safe for the road. he didnt even have 100k on it. the frame rotted right through. Toyota has recall on those. and pays top dollar. the dealer pulled 96 out of 100 off the road in one day here. they will pay for rental and give you blue book plus 50% [ohcrap]
[80?] alright guyz, you take the bigger truck and ill be hisoldest and take the tacoma [burnout]

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My little one will be 3 in November, i know big age difference, i doubt my little one will want a 30 year old Toyota. lol

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts

this is true...i know 4 people alone that this happened too, in one case they brought the truck up on a lift and just tapped the frame and the hammer basically went right thru just like he said ^ [unsure] , but the other person i know brought it to his own mechanic and he said there was some rot but he could probably get away with it for another 4years or so ....if it were me 150% back is worth it, their just hoping u'll spend it on a newer one obviously...but id go with a f350 turbo diesel [thumb] lol thats a nice big truck for a first time driver lol just dont let him get ahold of the banks kit

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I love Tacos! Nice Trucks! If I were to ever get a truck it would be a TRD Taco

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well I can tell that is a show truck.

Those tires are way to large and would rub when flexed. Any type of diffcultly where troque is needed those CV shafts would say bye bye.

Sorry I actually use my rigs offroad. [unsure]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts