Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those in Hatch Nation have seen this already. Its still a work in progress and needs some touch up. Was supposed to pick up an SVT lip to go on it today also, but it didn't work out. Nevermind how dirty the car is.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
So its a frankinstien of a 05-07 lower attached to a 00-04 upper that has been shaved?

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I wonder how it would look with the fogs installed? I like the shave I had to look at it a couple of times to see the custom work.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to keep an eye out for a cheap set. Not sure if I would like it or not cause I think the stock bumper looks better without. And I think the inserts flow well with my Ghia grill.

And here is the original piece.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
That is fabulous!

It makes me happy to see people cutting shit up and making custom parts!

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My version of OEM+

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Looks good dustin, But I want more insite on the build. How did you put those together and how did you fill it in. I want to know for my rear build later.

·
Godspeeding
2,008 Posts
I was so confuzzled. I was like, "Is this euro? No look at the side markers." Hahah nice work son!

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good dustin, But I want more insite on the build. How did you put those together and how did you fill it in. I want to know for my rear build later.
Plastic weld, and made "braces" out of a scrap part of the bumper.

Then you are going to want to get a urethane filler. I got some from Pivco. Just don't get the super fast hardening, it will be hard before you get done filling it and you cant work with it at all. But it sands pretty easily. I used Bondo to smooth it out, but used very little hardener to keep it flexible. Yes I know you aren't supposed to use it so you don't need to tell me.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Plastic weld, and made "braces" out of a scrap part of the bumper.

Then you are going to want to get a urethane filler. I got some from Pivco. Just don't get the super fast hardening, it will be hard before you get done filling it and you cant work with it at all. But it sands pretty easily. I used Bondo to smooth it out, but used very little hardener to keep it flexible. Yes I know you aren't supposed to use it so you don't need to tell me.
Thanks man that helps alot. I really need to get things going with my bumpers but all I have is ideas and no money.........

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
all I have is ideas and no money.........
Cost me $35 at the u-pull. The blue one was so damaged that he didn't even charge me for it. The filler was $30 for a tube and I used the whole thing.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Cost me $35 at the u-pull. The blue one was so damaged that he didn't even charge me for it. The filler was $30 for a tube and I used the whole thing.
What the odds of finding a SVT at junk yard that still has both bumpers. Last time I was a pick n pull they had three sedans and they had been picked clean in less than a week. I'll keep my fingers crossed lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts