Ladies and Gentlemen,

I will like to introduce you to my new:

2012 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Red Candy Metallic Tinted Clear Coat
Manual
Rapid Spec 203A
Sports Package
Moonroof

Just moved to California and I needed a new car. Finding a Focus Hatchback in Manual was hard, finding one in red (either Red Candy or Race Red was even harder), especially now with Red Candy being difficult to get in the mean time. Enjoy the photos.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
nice color and trans combo!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love the pictures! Is this the new Red Candy? I ordered the Red Candy but have not seen the new paint.
I bought this off the lot, so I am going to assume that this is the older Red Candy color and not the new one. Though I do not know where to look to confirm that, but if someone does, please let me know. I had a very difficult time trying to decide between the Race Red and the Red Candy, but I ultimately went with this one because it was loaded like I wanted. [:D] It's definitely a beautiful color and car, and definitely makes me happy driving it, especially with the manual. [driving]

·
Registered
54 Posts
The old Red Candy is U6 and the new is RZ. I think the sticker on the driver door should have something like "ext pnt" that would be the paint color.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Love the package options -- I have the same options on My SE but I went Sterling Grey and got a Sedan (I liked the sedan better IMO -- but to each his own).

I will say the Red Is also a very nice color and makes the piano black grill really 'pop'.

Congrats again and Enjoy! How did you decide on the name 'Little Red'?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Great little Hot Rod. Great choice of options too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The old Red Candy is U6 and the new is RZ. I think the sticker on the driver door should have something like "ext pnt" that would be the paint color.
I took a look and it is U6, so it's the older Red Candy Metallic. I don't know if that's good or bad, cause I have not seen the new Red Candy and whether it's identical. Just in case I get into an accident and need to fix it.

How did you decide on the name 'Little Red'?
I was trying to give it a girl's name, but I'm sure my girlfriend would start asking to many questions on why I named "Jessica" or "Rose" or "Jennifer". Then I was thinking about Little Red Riding Hood going through the forest. Shorten it to Little Red and Boom goes the dynamite.

Wow, that is the most hideous dealer plate frame I've ever seen. Do that beautiful car a service and remove it ASAP!
So I just moved to California, but instead of all the other states I have lived in (TN, PA, NJ, NY) they don't give you a temporary tag with a date by the time you should have your tags. Instead on the front windshield, they put a stick on the inside with a piece of paper that says the dealer with the VIN number and the date of purchase or so. The dealer said Unless I want to be pulled over by the cops each and every time they see me, leave their plate frame on. I guess if the cops see dealer frame, they don't bat an eye, but if they see a car without anything they freak out and pull you over immediately. So that's where I am at right now.

Now if only sync directions won't eat up my minutes on my phone, this car would be perfect.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Does anybody know if you can see the color code on the window sticker or is it in a more detailed build sheet somewhere else?
Ford Etis only shows me built date at this time.

·
Registered
609 Posts
congrats ! appears to be the cousin of my blue candy se hatch! looks great!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Clever! I like how you decided on the name 'little red.' Thanks for sharing and good luck to you :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts