Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

I've had the 2013 mustang and now I'm in a 2013 focus se as the power of the 2013 v6 wasn't adequate for the 16 mpg I was getting. I am considering a 2013 Focus ST with sunroof/nav/etc and I was wondering how well I would do with a simple cai/exhaust setup. I would be satisfied with a 0-60 time of 5.2 Seconds but I'm not sure if I can get there with mods that won't void out my warranty. no tuning!

Thanks, [strongman]

·
Registered
528 Posts
ive raced v6 mustangs in my ST and beat them from a 20 roll and a dig. So far my gas mileage has average over 2 tanks at about 26mpg even with spirited driving once a day almost haha.

1. Turbo Back 3" No Cats
2. Tune
3. 30-50 shot of Nitrous

This will give you about 280whp 320wtq-320whp and 340wtq give or take.
That is what im probably gonna do until real mods come out such as bigger injectors (E85), turbo kits. With front will drive once you past about 300whp digs and 1,2 gear are basically useless. I know a few 500+whp MS3,MS6 which are basically Focus ST and they cant use 1,2,3 for hard WOT accelerations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, I'm looking for a car that can power through 1,2,3 so I guess an st wouldn't be good for me.

Thanks bro :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why are you against tuning ?

Tom
I'm trying to protect that warranty. I understand there is a law stating that the dealer must prove that the tune caused the issue however I don't even wanna get into that situation. I was looking at a 2013 Mustang GT however I could not get any higher than 8mpg on the test drive and I didn't really beat it all that hard.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
So,

I've had the 2013 mustang and now I'm in a 2013 focus se as the power of the 2013 v6 wasn't adequate for the 16 mpg I was getting. I am considering a 2013 Focus ST with sunroof/nav/etc...
In theory, the ST will give you better mileage but the reviews that I've seen show the V6 Mustang beating the ST in 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

If you are seriously considering your third 2013 car, it sounds like you must have money to burn.

How about a Boss 302 or GT-500?

·
FF's Night Security
28,767 Posts
Just flash the car back to stock when you take it to the dealer if your worried about it. Anytime you do mods especially on modern cars it is essential that it gets tuned now a days. Also you can't judge gas mileage on a test drive as the car averages the mileage per fuel used and on new cars most are driven pretty hard on test drives.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
I was looking at a 2013 Mustang GT however I could not get any higher than 8mpg on the test drive and I didn't really beat it all that hard.
All I have to say about this is [bash]

I've got a friend who commutes his 2012 Mustang GT 60 miles a day and averages over 25 mpg even with a little spirit driving when the opportunity presents itself.

For 400+hp vs 250, I wouldn't be angry at all.

·
Registered
814 Posts
All I have to say about this is [bash]

I've got a friend who commutes his 2012 Mustang GT 60 miles a day and averages over 25 mpg even with a little spirit driving when the opportunity presents itself.

For 400+hp vs 250, I wouldn't be angry at all.
This^^^ I have a buddy at work that just got a 2013 Mustang GT and is getting 23-24 on his commute. It's not a video game dude, learn how to drive.[read]

·
Registered
84 Posts
All the cars I test drove had terrible numbers for MPG. It turns out that when the offload them from the boats they let them idle for a while then zip around. Then customers zip around in them. You should look at the combined MPG then subtract a bit assuming you drive hard frequently.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
well, my old car, a gen coupe... had +330whp at once, tuned, big injectors blah blah blah... I would still avrg very high 20's... It would go down to 11-13's if a abused it. I had a tune for 87 octane to but never used it, +94 all the way!

Ive heard good #'s out of the new stang gt's once they pass breakin and do a lot of highway.

·
Registered
181 Posts
wow I have 04 Cpbra with over 700HP, drive it with some sense it will get 20+ on the hwy and beating on it pretty hard (a lot of 0 to 100 spints) it still gets 10

·
Registered
170 Posts
my ST has been getting around 21 mpg for every tank since i've bought it (just hit 1k miles)...but most of my commute is canyon driving...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,320 Posts
For the most part not beating on it you should get 20-24 in combined driving. A tune & intake will help a lot once you keep your foot out of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just an update guys, I bought my 2013 GT back in december 2012, I average 16mpg city/hwy, I lived in houston and now san antonio so you need you need to take in account that I will be in traffic sometimes. I'm now in the process of trading in my 2013 GT for a fully loaded ST. sunroof/nav/recaro/hid's. I will update this post with my ST experience if I follow through.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Lol @ 1-3 being useless in a high HP FWD car. There are ALWAYS ways around that. Boost by gear, real LSD, sticky tires, etc. A good friend of mine has a 400+HP 500+tq srt-4 and he cuts 1.6 60'. Hooks the same on the street.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,320 Posts
Just an update guys, I bought my 2013 GT back in december 2012, I average 16mpg city/hwy, I lived in houston and now san antonio so you need you need to take in account that I will be in traffic sometimes. I'm now in the process of trading in my 2013 GT for a fully loaded ST. sunroof/nav/recaro/hid's. I will update this post with my ST experience if I follow through.
Throw a tune on the GT & see where your at.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts