Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not really, although some might think it is. i have a resonator(glass pack) instead of any mufflers, so its just the 2 cats and then a resonator, along with 2.25 piping. i'm really happy with the sound, i try to stay away from making my cars sound like crap, so i put the longest resonator i could get(18 inches)

its not on some cool site where you can just watch it, you have to d/l it but its only like 6 mb sorry...i would like opinions please...be honest

might be better off right clicking and saving.

here

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
I have the same set-up you do. Sounds better than any in the box kit out there IMO, just not too sure on the hp gains...but I like mine and yours!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol its the shadow, i have this nice tip on it but that shadow made it look invisible, i'll put up a pic tomorrow.

so if i change part of my piping to 2.5 will it make it louder/deeper? i still kinda want it a litlte louder at cruising speed, full throttle it is loud but still sounds good, the intake aids a lot in making it sound beastly

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

so would mixing pipe sizes be bad/pointless, like say having cat-resonator 2.25 then resonator-tip 2.5...would it make it sound weird/would i lose power or something like that?

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
I want to know the same thing, you should do it first! I have talked to my shop, and I have 2.25 most of the way thru, put a small section of stock...I was told it doesn't make a difference in performance, just sound.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ive got the same setup 2, i only have a 12" glasspack.. got it done 2nd week i had the car. When i heard the audio it sounds exactly like mine. I do get a little more "crackling" on the first few revs as they are coming down on my 12". But i think it sounds much better than most bolt-ons

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
can you take a pic of the glass pack... i cut my back muffler/resonator and it sounds just like urs...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here ya go

its its just the two cats, some pipe, the glasspack, some more pipe then the tip.
i'm wondering if i should delete the second cat, will i pass the sniffer thingy? i dont think they do a visual test.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was just i heard someone(dont remember who) say that they were wondering if it would still pass because the cars are already at almost 0 emissions or something like that.

i would still be able to put it back on before inspection right? i wanted to change it instead of complete removal, and the guy at the muffler shop said they sell high flow replacement cats but it will make you fail emissions and void your warranty so i dont know what ot believe. he also said the high flow cats arent really high flow its just a bunch of wasted money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts