Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get the liscence plate lights out on an '02 ZX3. Ive tried taking a flat screwdriver and prying on it, but it didnt want to move so I stopped that before I broke it. Also, what type of bulb is it? I'm looking to get rid of the white bulb and put some yellow leds in there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JFrye

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Only other way to do it is to open the hatch take off the whole thing in there and pop them out that way.

I am not sure on the bulb size but i know there is a thread that tells all bubl sizes ans such

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
wish i had a zx3 to look at to help u but i have an se. And boy was that hard. I used my key to get it out and it was hard to put back in.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i was going to do the same thing but to make things easier, all i did was paint the lens. you get the same color changing effect for a cheaper price and it's waaaay easier.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I managed to break my bulb holder trying to replace mine. So i'll have to be browsing the junkyards and eBay looking for a new one.

·
Registered
733 Posts
i just used a small thin screwdriver it should pop out very simple

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it when it stops raining here.

·
Registered
117 Posts
mine may not be the same as its euro but i did the same with a small flat head and its on the outside ends of each 1 i stuck it in and it popped out. got myself some new white led ones :) had blue but the police pulled me straight away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts