Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from FutureZX5SVT's thread.

and the weirdest of all takes some explaining... When you roll to a stop, you can hear liquid slosh back and forth... Could this be the fuel tank? Never been in a car where I was able to hear it so clearly.. [pray]
Quoted because I have the same issue on my car. It is an intermittent issue that I usually notice only on the first couple of stops after the car has been parked overnight. The sloshing sound seems to come from either under the floor or behind the seats somewhere. I haven't had a chance to really dig into the problem, but the only explanation I can think of is fuel sloshing around in the tank when it reaches a certain level? Can anybody else relate? Thoughts?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I never hear it in mine but in many cars it's completely normal. It may be due to a primary fuel filter coming loose in the tank, perhaps the baffle that the pump assembly sits in has slightly come apart...

If it's not terribly irritating or causing a driveability symptom I'd just turn the radio up and forget about it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
sloshing sound

I've never heard the noise you are describing. But thats just me. Just a thought here, check the drains in the bottom of the doors or body. Might have a clog and the sloshing may disappear as the water leaves out of the open drains. When you do find it, let us know! Later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. My car gets water in the side panel (rocker panel) on the driver's side. It happens when the car sits in the rain. I can hear the sloshing when I start and stop. After a few miles the sloshing is gone. But where is the water coming in and how can I prevent this. It has to eventually start rusting out from the inside.

·
Registered
12 Posts
had the same problem after it sat and we had a heavy rain all the rocker panel drain holes were plugged solid with facory caulk it took me about a half hour to clean them out no more sloshing

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have a sunroof, but I do have a factory installed roof rack. I will have the drain holes checked for blockage. Thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
This thread was created forever ago but i thought id share some knowledge:

the sloshing can be caused by the condensation collector for your AC (ac compresses air and so condensation can build up) if this collector has a clogged drain it can make this sloshing sound under your dash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts