Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Recently broke the linkage end on my 01 Zts 2.0 5spd went to the dealership buaght a new one was gonna wait till my day off well my idiot brother was in town and decided to start tearing it apart he smashed the old one off :l witch is the main white one with orange push botton by the way well some where in the proses he kinked or bent the cable and i did not notice so when i put the new one in it snapped upon shifting! after 4 hours of pissing moaning and swearing and being very pissed that a 23 dollar fix turned into a 159 dollar fix i got the new cable set installed it and now i have a very sloppy 1-5Gears thats hit or miss if it goes in right and it wont go in reverse the shifter it self absolutely will but its just another forward gear the leaver dose not stay in reverse all the way it sloppily falls out the cable is the exact same length as the original everything was in neutral b4 i put it together now maybe im a moron but i cant figure out how to adjust or tighten up maybe its not tight enough did i mess something or brake something
how would i take out the slack im now questioning my mechanical ability im beat please help me lol if i dont sound clear let me know

1 - 1 of 1 Posts