Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the new developments in the news about Ford's knowledge of the DPS6 transmissions before they were put on the market, it may be a good time for all of us who have had related problems to file a complaint with the NHTSA if you haven't already done so.

They have already received thousands (articles have reported 4300) of complaints on these transmissions but I have to believe that it is a drop in the bucket compared to the actual number of Fiesta/Focus drivers who are experiencing these problems.

So, if you have had any problems with the DCT transmission (DPS6) and/or your TCM, please use this link to report your experience and include as much detail as possible including what Ford has done to try to remedy the problem AND information about their refusal or reluctance to do anything if that's what you experienced.

It looks like things are in the works to push Ford into a more meaningful response to the problem and the more information that the NHTSA has on this, the more ammo they will have to affect some change.

·
Registered
350 Posts
And...filed. A couple of suggestions:

• Have your VIN handy and put "FORD FOCUS" followed by the model year in the box.
  • Remember to check the "Powertrain" box, not the "Engine" (most folks would know this, but hey, it helps those who aren't sure).
  • Make sure the following keywords show up in your complaint: DPS6, PowerShift, DCT, transmission, TCM
  • If you have the paperwork from having your TCM and/or clutch pack assembly replaced, attach it! Don't let not having it prevent you from submitting a complaint, it's just helpful for those who have the paperwork to provide it to the NHTSA.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And...filed. A couple of suggestions:

• Have your VIN handy and put "FORD FOCUS" followed by the model year in the box.
  • Remember to check the "Powertrain" box, not the "Engine" (most folks would know this, but hey, it helps those who aren't sure).
  • Make sure the following keywords show up in your complaint: DPS6, PowerShift, DCT, transmission, TCM
  • If you have the paperwork from having your TCM and/or clutch pack assembly replaced, attach it! Don't let not having it prevent you from submitting a complaint, it's just helpful for those who have the paperwork to provide it to the NHTSA.
Great suggestions. I did all of these things too when I submitted. I attached my 3 clutch repair invoices (one also included a TCM replacement). Even though it was on the invoices, I also mentioned the mileage interval between warranty clutch replacements. I added that the paltry settlement amount I would receive (about $200) wouldn't even pay for diagnostics on the next clutch replacement that I would have to pay for myself being beyond the mileage limit for 14M01 work and that as with the other repairs, it would only be another temporary fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts