Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a sedan think that the trunklid needs a little blue pill if the car is nose up on even the slightest incline? I stopped by my selling dealership this afternoon and the service advisor didn't even want to talk to me. All she offered to do was make an appointment to drop it off to see if they could verify the problem. I also have the squeak around the trip computer that some of you have complained about, but I know that it is a waste of time to take it in for that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't have that issue with mine. Actually, I have a hard time getting the darn thing to close. I try to be gentle with it but it wants it hard lol

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Anyone with a sedan think that the trunklid needs a little blue pill if the car is nose up on even the slightest incline? I stopped by my selling dealership this afternoon and the service advisor didn't even want to talk to me. All she offered to do was make an appointment to drop it off to see if they could verify the problem. I also have the squeak around the trip computer that some of you have complained about, but I know that it is a waste of time to take it in for that.
The squeak? Do you mean vibration against the dash and the odometer?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lol my trunk doesnt stay open reguardless....

But thats cause of other reasons lol like a spoiler I installed and a crap load of dynamat.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Lol my trunk doesnt stay open reguardless....

But thats cause of other reasons lol like a spoiler I installed and a crap load of dynamat.
LOL ok yes my trunk will not stay open when facing uphill. I've bonked my head too many times to count. Looking foward to when I slap dynamat in there and it's even worse.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought the trunk kit for like 90 shipped amazon prime. Its great stuff! Some people say its like adding another amp lol. It increases clarity, volume, and obviously stopped about 90% of the small rattles i had. I had one huge rattle in the overhead compartment where you put the sunglasses. If you get the same thing message me because i found a fix for it and i have never seen anyone fix it! My car is rattle free, and all i hear is bass. As for the brand of sound deadener. Go with dynamat. Thats the best brand and other brands might disapoint. Dynamat will not.

Check this out. Make sure you put dynamat all in the wheel well. This is the best part to dynamat

Attachments

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Get some Trunk struts from Redline Tuning. People love them.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Do you take her up on the offer to set up an appointment? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you take her up on the offer to set up an appointment? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan
I did not. I also have the intermittent squeak around the trip computer that others have complained about. I figured that both items would be a waste of time. Car has less than 2500 miles, purchased December 21st.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I did not. I also have the intermittent squeak around the trip computer that others have complained about. I figured that both items would be a waste of time. Car has less than 2500 miles, purchased December 21st.
When it's going to be warmer outside, I'll write a HOW TO fix this squeak (and a bunch of other!). It's very easy.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I can take a look into this further, Rodent. Please send me a private message with your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts