Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm going around 120, yes 120, on the interstate and let off of the throttle sometimes my car throws a engine fault message with no CEL. Then procedes to run rough like its a misfire until i turn off the car and let it sit for 5 seconds. Turn it back on and runs fine. No codes (pending or current). Had a similar issue before with it throwing a throttle actuator code P2111 when I hit the brakes hard and going fast but that was fixed with a new accelerator pedal.

2015 Focus SE 5sp MTX-75 trans 2.0L

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's possible, bur the motor doesn't sound like it's knocking or preigniting when it does it, just sounds and feels exactly like a misfire which is weird. I'd expect a CEL to come on if it was misfire. Really wish Ford just threw the CEL for anything except that dumb "Engine Fault Service Engine Soon." Message.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sounds like a software issue to me. AFAIK, to go 120 mph you would have had to tune around the governor anyhow. Can your tuner sort it out? Maybe related to MAF.

MkIII Foci probably can go that fast no problem on really nice blacktop, but I would hope you had modded the suspension a bit for better control. The stocker shocks/springs/tires are pretty floaty at speed. I've modded the crap out of mine, and I still would be leery of triple digits. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts