Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can order a lightweight pulley kit from for my 2010 Focus SEL ? I found one for a ZX3 but im not sure if it will fit my Focus , and i type it into google and only OEM pulleys come up

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ive never seen a lightweight pulley kit for the Mk2s. How much $$ are you willing to spend on performance? Headers, Tune, Intake, and motor mounts all make big differences on these cars. Your money could be spent better, rather than pulleys...

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
Ive never seen a lightweight pulley kit for the Mk2s. How much $$ are you willing to spend on performance? Headers, Tune, Intake, and motor mounts all make big differences on these cars. Your money could be spent better, rather than pulleys...
Have to agree , UDP or light weight dont add performance

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read about the pulley and supposed to help with throttle response at lower rpms nd engine drag

·
Registered
108 Posts
If your looking for throttle response and power, the stuff i listed above are all great options! There are much better options then a pulley kit. But hey, its your choice..

·
Registered
22 Posts
If dead-set on an underdriven pulley kit, call Summit Racing. They have actual US citizens for sales reps and most know about cars. They can put you in touch with a vendor that sells pulleys.

Years ago, I upgraded a Mark VIII alternator to 290 amp IIRC. Stock pulley wouldn't spin it fast enough to charge at idle, and being a DD at the time, that wouldn't suffice. Summit put me in touch with a pulley company that did the underdrive stuff for V8 engines, etc.. They were able to cut me a custom diameter pulley for the alt that ran it about 200 rpms faster at idle.

Anyhow, that ONE pulley cost around $75 for them to make. And it was a smaller steel pulley too. If getting into aluminum, plus the cost of multiple pulleys, some large, will be expensive.

If you want a little more pep, and aren't worried about flats, remove the spare and jack from the trunk. Guessing they probably weigh 35 pounds roughly. While not sounding like a lot, removing dead weight is cheap and just as good as adding hp. Car is pretty light as it is, so not much dead weight floating around. Even the trunk deck lid is lightweight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts