Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I dont know much about light weight flywheels, but sometime in the near future i plan on rebuilding or buying a performance tranny for my 03 auto duratec and since the tranny was going to be out i figured i would replace the flywheel as well, I was curious if anyone has ever used a lightweight flywheel on an auto or even ever used one and how the gains were(did you feel a difference in power) and if an automatic flywheel is the same as a manual??? I saw a Fidanza Flywheel on ebay for 350 bucks and was curious if they fot both manual and auto foci. Thanks everyone in advance!!

Boosta

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
You already have a lightweight flywheel on your automatic.
It's called a "flexplate", and is substantially lighter than a flywheel as it is.

The torque convertor is where all the rotating mass resides.
^^^That's where you want to do some research, as far as what aftermarket one you want to install.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh i already planned on buyin an aftermarket tq convertor anyways!! Thanks a bunch!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I can still get the Ford Racing converters. Theyre on clearance also. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
392 Posts
honestly I would just do a manual swap, guys with turbo 2.3 love a 3.41 final drive mtx, I bet you could do it for less than 500 if you shopped around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts