Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a lightweight flywheel for the getrag. Which one's the best one?

Also does anyone know where I can find solid motor mounts?

If i want to DD which clutch would you recommend?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
havent heard of any solid mounts, the VF poly ones are really stiff already. all 3 will rattle your dash/ steering column a bit

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i DD a SPEC 6-puck. w/ 8.5lb flywheel

others say DD a puck clutch is not driver friendly, but i don't have issues.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i DD a SPEC 6-puck. w/ 8.5lb flywheel

others say DD a puck clutch is not driver friendly, but i don't have issues.
I also think this is a bunch of bunk. Most of the people who complain can't even drive a manual well anyways. [poke]

·
Registered
489 Posts
I ran a 8lb Fidanza and a Spec 1, Spec 3+ and Clutchnet 3 and blew them all up - but I really enjoyed the full face 1/8" engagement of the Spec 3+. The Clutchnet 6 puck is a little more violent, meaning I have to rev the car up a bit to get smooth engagement as with the full face 3+ I could slip it like a normal clutch, but it was really an on/of switch with some play in it if you know what I mean :) You probably will be fine with whatever you put in your SVT - I have terrible luck with clutches.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I also think this is a bunch of bunk. Most of the people who complain can't even drive a manual well anyways. [poke]
yeah i know. my dad (60 years old) who used to only drive 5 speeds but hasn't in like 20 years, jumped in my car and could drive it without issues and actually liked how it felt compared to my winter beater focus thats stock.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i got the cfm stage one and lightweight and found it to be very driveable except with the ac on at a stop light but i also need a tune still. its noisy sometimes but mine is quiet 90% of the time only time ive noticed it being obnoxious is drive throughs but of corse holding clutch peddle down will make it shut up.

the rev response is nice.

pretty sure most options are some sort of rebadged fidanza or at least most of the ones i looked at....could be wrong.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Hey op check out the spec stage 2 combo at cfm.com its a kevlar material clutch and light fly

·
Registered
257 Posts
Best thing to do is give C-F-M a call and have a chat with them. I'm sure they wouldn't mind answering some questions for you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Best thing to do is give C-F-M a call and have a chat with them. I'm sure they wouldn't mind answering some questions for you.
true true but i always get nervous asking questions from people who are trying to sell me something haha

but I will probably give them a call

[sing] <--- thats gonna be me asking them a million questions at a million miles an hour hahaha

·
VEKTOR PLATE
5,657 Posts
what is going to be the final power output of the car. i can tell you that 4 puck will be a pain in stop and go traffic (if its still gonna be a street car.)

i"m running a clutchmasters combo on my frankenstein svtf. its the stage 3 clutch with their lightweight flywheel. if i remember right the flywheels is only around 12 lbs give or take since it gets rid of the dual mass malarky and goes back to a single mass flywheel. the stock flywheel is a porker at around 28 lbs or so.

that said if you get one of their kits there is two things you need to know.
1. its going to be a fair bit more finnecky in traffic.
2. when in neutral you'll hear what sounds like a knocking sound. what that is is the input shaft in the transmission spinning around with nothing engaged, so dont be too worried about that. (iv'e run mine for over a year now no real issues)
3. if it's real hot out and the traffics is stop and go like in a traffic jam the clutch will start to slip a bit. i think it's becasue it starts getting a bit hot idk, its the only issue i have with mine.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
1.) nothing you can't get used to i dd it and i'm always in stop/go
bumper to bumper traffic
10+ stop lights/ signs on a trip to school

worse i have noticed was grid lock on a steep hill, be the e-brake master.

2.) i never had any sound in neutral at idle.
only sound it makes is like 3-4k rpm engine braking

3.) also never experienced this

1 - 17 of 17 Posts