Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Lightweight Battery conversion

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  macdiesel 
#1 ·
The battery on my car is going on 5 years old now, and its getting to the point of replacement. My question is, has anyone tried converting to those smaller lightweight batteries made by odyssey, is there any wire changing needed, complications etc?

Heres a link to the batteries:

http://passwordjdm.com/Odyssey-Battery-C322.aspx

#2 ·
I cant see it being any different than just installing it like any other battery... other than maybe changing the length of the safety strap it should be just a quick swap.

#5 ·
the one that i have is the 6 lb battery, but i have no extra stuff, braille makes some really really good ones, just check out their website!! they have stuff for running heavy loads!!

#6 ·
I have a friend that has a braille battery, he doesn't have a focus. He really likes it, it's carbon fiber I think. They are expensive though.

#8 ·
but the braille batteries last longer and have a 2 year warrenty!! Mine crapped out on me after 1.5 years, and I got a new one next day aired to me for absolutely free!!! pricey, but worth it!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.