Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of interior lights should i get
and where would be the best and cheapest place to get them??

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
you probably could get some cathodes for under the seats, and led's to put in the vents.
i get all my stuff for cheap off ebay..

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea ebay is my friend too
like what should i type in for the cheap stuff

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
well it all depends on what you would like.
where do you want the light?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking in the foot wells and under the seats

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
im in the same boat man. i wanna install some red footwell lighting. I was thinking about buying some from oznium.com, but theyre a lil expensive. I'm considering just buying some neons from advance auto.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
well for under the seats and footwells you will probably wanna go with cold cathodes. they are the best and brightest. you can just type in blue cold cathode on ebay to find them. otherwise they sell car-specific ones on www.oznium.com.

oh and evanjfrancis, i would definitely pay for the ones on oznium over the ones at advance auto. they are a lot brighter and better, and the price isnt too too bad. but it is your choice.. thats just my 2 cents.

Reactions: gstop2006

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks spyder
+1rep

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
thanks man.. if you need any further help, lemme know.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
ya, the only thing is i've read that the oznium stuff is actually sumtiems a little bit TOO bright =p hahaha. i've got a friend with neons in and it looks pretty nice. idk, im debating. if i were to get some from oznium, would i just want the cold cathodes? and how hard wuld that b to install? (sry, not trying to threadjack, just dont wanna start a whole new one)

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
ya, the only thing is i've read that the oznium stuff is actually sumtiems a little bit TOO bright =p hahaha. i've got a friend with neons in and it looks pretty nice. idk, im debating. if i were to get some from oznium, would i just want the cold cathodes? and how hard wuld that b to install? (sry, not trying to threadjack, just dont wanna start a whole new one)
if you are installing the lights under the dash and seats, then yes, cold cathodes would be your answer. they are very easy to install. all you need is a 12v source, and then ground. i have an Add-A-Circuit in my fuse box which is powering all of my lights. then i just grounded the wires all to a screw on the fuse box. i would be happy to help you if you ever need it..

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
oznium is where i get 99% of my glow, they rock and are AWESOME to work with, if BY CHANCE something comes broken they will send you a new one... they are amazing and i recommend them to everyone i know!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is oznium cheap in terms of budget

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
just check out their website. they'll be a little bit more expenxive than neons, but trust me with the issues of broken and replacing neons, in the end they're much higher quality and a better overall investment =)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts