1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baddest Small Tire Shootout on the Planet
$50k
This weekend SGMP, starts tomorrow.

Crowmod there, tested i think 4.3 first run. Think a 3.XX is needed.
Murder Nova, already blew HG testing.
Bunch of NJ Stangs going

Should be great!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks for the link for the live feed.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Safety - yeah, important for sure.

Description of a piece of carbon fiber as the seal between tunnel & firewall - def. the failure point from his description safety wise.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Safety - yeah, important for sure.

Description of a piece of carbon fiber as the seal between tunnel & firewall - def. the failure point from his description safety wise.
I wonder how many of those guys still run with their visor up, hopefully they all close them now...
I use to for a cleaner GoPro vid (helmet side mount), no more.

I know E-town would like us to wear gloves and most don't, seeing that hospital pic changes everything.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
less than 2 hours, whats a Superbowl?

For the Mustang Fans

Big Chief posted he broke his motor and installed a new Butler last night.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Haney crashed to, pretty crazy night so far. Crowmod Qual #21 so far.

Haney Updated from FB
Update from Valdosta: I just got off the phone with Keith and here are the details. Other than being frustrated, Keith is physically fine. The car was on a killer run and had just carded a .984 60' time when the car apparently got into some oil and immediately turned left into the wall, nose first. Keith was able to steer it away from a direct nose-on hit but the car still sideswiped the wall. The Motec M1 system did it's part by shutting down key systems when the car hit the rev limiter, which prevented any engine damage. When the car came to a stop, it was still running. The damage is as follows. Damage to the rear quarter panel, door, wheel and header. There appears to be no damage to the tubing of the car at all. The worst of the damage is the door. They are going to attempt to repair the door, but if it can't be repaired, fortunately, the PDRA P/N car is in the traiier and they can modify that door to fit. There is a new header being built and the carbon repairs are in progress. In addition, they have a spare wheel. The plan is to work through the night to have it repaired in time for Q3 tomorrow. Thanks for all your calls and texts checking on them. I will post more updates as I get them.
Randy
Track record holder just before his crash.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts