Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay on my 09 focus se coupe i recently jus installed 6k HID 3k fog lights yellow, white led front turn signal, and red side lights(dont know the proper name) i was wondering if it would look good if i painted the orange part on the headlight to red to match the lights... whats ur opinion??

will post pics soon

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Lights & reflectors are color coded by law to show other drivers which way the car is going.

Change that & any accident could be blamed on you, whoever would otherwise be at fault.

Tickets aside, I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Red is for tails only and since you live in the land of traffic Nazis I definitely would just stick with amber.

·
Meh.
10,589 Posts
For me, it depends more on how your planning on painting it? Legally, it's only the bulb that will get you in trouble; it doesn't really matter what color the headlights are painted.

So how do you want to do it? Painting on the outside of the light wouldn't look good at all IMO. However, if you can open the headlights up and paint the reflector inside, that would look more professional, and on a black car, could look really good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts