Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lighting Question?

Installed some HIDs on the Foci, Now both my Dodge and Ford have HIDs lol

Noticed that when I switched to the highs the fogs went out and they did not come back on right away. So leads to me to ask is there an actually working fog light mod for the focus?

I did this on my Ram just by jumping the parking light relay and fog lamp relay, There was a good how to that I followed and it went of without a hitch. I have search and search with nothing really to assuring.

I found other ones for the older focus but not the newer ones.

Need some please and thank you, If with you help me get the fogs to say on I will post pics of the HIDs. [:)]

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
If I'm not mistaken its the same for us. Just find the relay and jump it

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
the fog light mod you have found on older foci is to allow them to turn on with the parking lights and not just with the headlights. I'm sure it can be done, but I would have to see the wiring to see how to keep the fogs on with the highbeams.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But thats how it works on my Dodge, You bridge the Parking light relay and the Fog lamp relay with a jumper wire. That way the fogs come on with the parking lights and stay on with the highbeams? But yes, the ones I found seemed to be for that reason only. Through my searching I find many different options. Nothing like if you search for the fog light jumper mod Dodge ram you find an exact how to. I'll keep looking.

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
does your focus have rojectors? if not i suggest you get rid of those hids. HIDS IN STOCK HOUSISING ARE DANGEROUS AND ILLEGAL. i hate driving down the opposite side of the road from some idiot with hids in stock housings its blinding

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does your focus have rojectors? if not i suggest you get rid of those hids. HIDS IN STOCK HOUSISING ARE DANGEROUS AND ILLEGAL. i hate driving down the opposite side of the road from some idiot with hids in stock housings its blinding
I'm not here for your opinions on how I should install the hids. I really don't care what you say. I've been running hids in my cars/truck non projector for years. The focus compared to my Ram has a nice cut off line even with no projectors. Did I mention the fact I aimed them down a little, just for that reason.

Also I live around ricer central.... Orlando. No one gets pulled over for something stupid like this.

[offtopic]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow just wow LOL um hi nice to meet you too!
Well your FF team has left a bad taste in my mouth, I don't need someone else hijacking my thread over a possibly simple question. Last time that happened the good thing I had going for me and fellow FF members went down the toilet. I'm and Hid guru on another site and I constantly get people saying that kinda crap that the other guy said. It gets annoying after awhile. I didn't expect to get that said to me on a thread talking about trying to jump the fog lights. Agree with you aswell, never heard nor seen anyone pulled over for that reason not even in the small town I live in nor anywhere else I lived in. [hihi]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, man same here. Names Aaron. Everyone comes to me to get hids in their car/truck at work and I came up with the wiring harnesses for the dodge ram to make them work with no lamp out light nor any flickering etc. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well with that behind us, I have searched for hours and found no one saying they did this? I followed a few writes ups but the 2008+ is different. The fuse panel cover shows numbers and letters that dont correspond with what the owners manuel says. Take a look at the picture. I find this really hard to believe with the newer focus coming out in 08 that NO ONE HAS FIGURED THIS OUT! UGH

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
not many have looked into keeping their fogs on with the highbeams on the 08+ (not as popular of a model), but I can figure it out for ya if that's what you're looking for. If someone can get me the wiring schematics for the lighting would make it alot easier than me testing different things.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not many have looked into keeping their fogs on with the highbeams on the 08+ (not as popular of a model), but I can figure it out for ya if that's what you're looking for. If someone can get me the wiring schematics for the lighting would make it alot easier than me testing different things.
Would all data pro give me what you need?

hey aaron are you talking about the anti flicker kits for the new dodge cars...the ones that have "hal"big pain in the ass LOL
Yes the anti flicker/no lamp out resistor harness. 4 resistors 50watt 6-8ohm plugs right in. Either buy it pre-made or they can follow my how to to make them. :)

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
dude didnt mean to come off as a dick but theres thousands of cars around here like that and driving past them all at night is more annoying than you constantly hearing that. and yes its just like that up here too they dont pull people over for it. my best example is i was coming home from my girls house about 1am came down my street past an escalade with a 55w 6000k kit in his reeflectors and i couldnt see anything but blinding blue light if it was on a 2 lane with a higher speed limit i would have been likely to crash. do what you do and have fun with it cuz im not in florida so i dont have to deal with yours personally. but people like that is why i did it the right way and bought machs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dude didnt mean to come off as a dick but theres thousands of cars around here like that and driving past them all at night is more annoying than you constantly hearing that. and yes its just like that up here too they dont pull people over for it. my best example is i was coming home from my girls house about 1am came down my street past an escalade with a 55w 6000k kit in his reeflectors and i couldnt see anything but blinding blue light if it was on a 2 lane with a higher speed limit i would have been likely to crash. do what you do and have fun with it cuz im not in florida so i dont have to deal with yours personally. but people like that is why i did it the right way and bought machs.
Believe me with how much I deal with HIDS and start a threads even mentioning the acronym "HIDS", I seem to always get that one person that has to state something about legal stuff. To me that's not what I was wanting to here or see on my thread. Until they really crack down on hid in no projector housing, I'm keeping them the way they are. I already planning on doing the mini morimotor bi xenon projectors in my Ram. Found them for 100 bucks and just buy new bulbs. I'm only doing that because I want a more spread out light pattern and not a scatter pattern. Also little pointer to you when a car has its brights on or hids look to the lower right of the road using your peripheral vision for a few moments as the car passes. Also if someone on the road wants to be a dick especially in my Ram I have a total of 8 lights up front ;) Its all good, I know where your coming from and I do agree with you but its not really that bad like you state it is [thumb]

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
JMCrides is Correct. This is why HIDs are NOT DOT approve in halogen reflector assembly. The ONLY correct way to use HIDs are in HID projectors or HID reflector housing as u see in a 03 Lexus IS300. I am also a "Guru" in automotive electrical components as I have an ASE certification in that sub component. Point blank, HIDs in a factory halogen reflector housing is illegal. Evev in Florida as where I lived. I'll tell you this also, no matter how low you aim your headlights with the HIDs you will always blind the oncoming traffic. Lucky I'm in the field and I can show you and others how much glare HIDs in a reflector halogen hosing throws off compared to a HID projector housing.

One day a police will get aggravated by your headlights and pull you over and give you a citation and a fix it ticket.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[offtopic][offtopic][offtopic][offtopic]

Please people this is not an HID THREAD! Take this else where. Im trying to get something else figured out that has become very annoying. I have tried 2 nights in a row now and have researched online for countless hours. Thank You[mecry]

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Okay. To my understanding you want your fogs to stay on when hi beams are on? The only mod for fogs I know is taking the positive switch from the relay of the parking lights and installing it into the positive relay side of the fog lights. This may help you. I'm in Indiana right now and all I have is my phone, no car either. Military vehicles can't help me now lol. If you can link me to a schematic diagram for the relays I can further help you.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 20 of 36 Posts