Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mk, I need help with my light situation. I've got really worn out stock fogs up front on my 03 ZX3, and the headlights are in good shape but stock and boring to me. And the taillights are excellent but i really wanna get them blacked out. So whats the best way going to be to black out the taillights? And what'd be a good, new headlight for a low price? I'm open to ebay projectors and retrofitting them if that'll be the best way to go. And then should i just buy new oem fogs and then tint them out too? Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Since you have an early model foci, there are other places you can look besides eBay. Try searching the web for better quality projectors and HID kits.

I blacked out my tails and I think they look great! It was easy, painless and cheap. Just check your local laws before tinting them. Some states require the reverse light to remain untinted while some other places don't even allow tinting of the tail lights.

As for a place to look, I have a 2005 so I don't really know any where to point you. I'm sure people will post in your thread and guide you to a website. Ohh, and personally, I think you are better off just buying oem fogs and tinting them. It's hard to find good quality fogs that throw light as good as the oem ones do. Oem fogs are actually pretty good.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
id say black out your tails with some nightshade, buy some oem fogs (i think you can find them off ebay) and u can just tint your them. as for headlights, ive only really seen ebay projectors and then insanely expensive factory projectors. good luck :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Okay. I have tinted tails and tinted OEM fogs. I used laminx for focus sport. The link won't work, so just copy and paste. http://www.focussport.com/laminx.htm It is very easy to put on (much easier than night shade), and it also makes it harder to break the lens. In my opinion, it also lets more of the light through when you turn on your lights. There are two different shades. I have the lighter one.

Here are some picks of my tails and fogs.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/2499000-
2499999/2499015_28_full.jpg?460915-301

The left is the break light and the right is the running lights.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh mk awesome, so I think i'll go with the LaminX for my fogs and tails instead of Niteshade. So what should i do with my headlights? The stock style seems really boring to me, I want a nice clean replacement for it. Any ideas? I've been thinking ST170's off of european-parts.net but I dunno bout spending that money+shipping.

·
Registered
433 Posts
A cheap solution is to paint the inside of the stockers black like the SVTs had. But in my opinion the ST170's are just about the coolest looking. I would think (don't know) that they would also hold up much better than an ebay set. I've read a lot of threads that if you get an ebay light, you should put clear laminx on them right away or they start to haze and stuff in less than a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts