Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you, by any chance, have a picture(s) of the difference from the light tint and gun smoke tint on a set of black headlights, I'm trying to find some pictures but haven’t came across any with black headlights.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Do you, by any chance, have a picture(s) of the difference from the light tint and gun smoke tint on a set of black headlights, I'm trying to find some pictures but haven’t came across any with black headlights.
I'll work on it for you. I do not have them readily available, but may be able to locate.

Do you have questions I can help answer in the meantime?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
These are the light tint, hope this helps:

I like em, and light output does not seem adversely affected

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the picture helps because i'm wondering how dark it is next to a cd silver, just wondering if having black headlights would make it appear darker. Would there be any problem installing lamin-x in the winter (sub 32°) or is there a recomended temperature range?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
gunsmoke DOES appear to be much darker on a black bezel, unless you look at the chrome headlight bowl. If you look through the tint to the headlight bowl on two cars parked beside one another, the gunsmoke will look much darker, almost a full blackout, but in reality, it is about 2x as dark as the "light" tint.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay i'm thinking light tint would be better my headlights are all black inside no chrome at all i don't really Wan't a complete blackout cause i'm afraid that would hide the halo's or cause them to look "washed out" I'm gonna try to find some pictures before i make my final decision. Thanks for the help thus far!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Also, Lamin-x recommends installing in temps above 70* for best results, so I was paranoid and took the lights off my car, brought them inside and applied the film there. I figured better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Gunsmoke:

Light tint vs. no tint:

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Not to take this somewhere else, but do you have yellow coating for the 05-07 fogs?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
we have yellow lamin-x.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts