Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I slow down in gear, I hear some "noise" almost sounds like a gear noise. Is this normal with the lightened focussport flywheels? It seems to quiet down with the revs, as revs go down so does the noise...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
yes, mine makes a lot of noise

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Really would need to hear it, but most the time you will hear a little more noise, but very little on the standard mtx75 trans as compared to the svt which will be very noticable.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Every place I have talked to said not to be concerned with the flywheel "chatter", which is inherent in any lightweight flywheel.

·
Random Guy #31
1,861 Posts
lol at first when i got my F2 Flywheel and Stage 3 Six puck Clutch (not sprung) i would hear that really loud chatter and i thought i had messed something up... but its normal. its funny whenever im at the track or in the street and someone wants to race i turn my car on and they hear the "chatter" they think my car is messed up. but then they see my car pulling on em.... its awsome...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Usually, the ceramic flywheels are noisy, especially the stock ones for the FSVT, I'm not sure what youre using, but it could just be the material. I used to be able to tell you the quick fix, ut I forgot where I saw it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
only heard mine with i had the CM IV clutch

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
venomfocus said:
only heard mine with i had the CM IV clutch
I don't understand? So you get allot of chatter when the car is running and when the car is decelerating in gear?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts