Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i asked a ? about the underdrive pulleys and short throw combo ?. i looked on the search before i posted this thread but didnt find wat i was looking for but, i wanted to know if anyone have or used just the focus-sport or cfm lite pulley and do that makes any difference and effect drivability and worth it.
thanks

·
Registered
2,807 Posts

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
IMO, yes its worth it. get the 2 piece setup. if your really in touch with your car, you can feel the engine rev easier. doesnt effect drivability much. it just releases horsepower that is already there. if i already didnt have the CFM setup, id jump on the MAssive deal.

hope this helps ya on your decision.

what were you asking about a short throw? if you want one, go with the FRPP piece. under 100 bux from Hilbish Ford 18008490233 (ask for Mike Trendel). the FRPP is the identical piece as the Steeda. Steeda just rebadges them.

·
FF Affiliate
31,147 Posts
No one can post a dyno of any kind showing the light weight or UDP do anything and they dont , spen you hard earned monsy on something that adds performance

Waste of time and money !

Tom

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It is my understanding that it is just less rotational mass. Not really going to add WHP, but just let it rev a bit faster.

Taking 3 lbs off of something that is rotating extremely fast will help that. It is not supposed to add power. Im referring to the stock size pulley, not the UDP.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
exactly. why do they make lightweight wheels?? do they NOT do anything, do they not allow for faster acceleration? faster braking?
when adding 26" dubs to your Escalade, is it suggested that you also get a big brake kit? of course, cuz the dubs are stupid heavy and thus increasing the pressure needed for them to stop rotating.

same principal applys here. it may not add horsepower (what tom is preaching), but it does unlock power that is already there. too many people say that the pulleys do something beneficial to acceleration.

just like venom says, less rotating mass.

there are plenty of threads discussing this topic. please do a search. thanks!

[lockdance]

:CLOSED:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.