Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so I used to have these great little led strips in my car until they went out. Now I want to get some new interior lights only this time I want to do it all up right. I'm probably going to use tubes instead of led's this time because I think the tubes will last longer. I plan on having them under the seats and foot wells. Now for the difficult part. The led's I had a controller attached to them so I could make them softer, solid, or respond to sound, it was great! I want that this time too only I want to be able to have a custom switch/light controller that does the same stuff and can be built into the dask in the form of a switch and look as stock as possible. Now I've been looking at some light controllers online and they all seem to be big and none seem to have a seperate switch or knob that can be put in the dash so that you can hide the control box somewhere else. Anyone know of anything like what I'm looking for? Here's a list of what I wish I could do. Make the lights solid, dim them, sound response, change the color of the lights.... that's about it. Some of that would have to do with the lights themselves so I guess the jury is still out on that one. Anyway, anything you can help with I'll really appreciate.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one has tried to do anything remotely close to this or even bought a light controller for their lights before?

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
honestly u wont be able to put one switch to make them do all of that. just use the switchs it came with but put them where no one can see them like the ashtray or and arm rest and or underthe dash.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess the stuff i'm talking about would involve actually knowing about electrical stuff and custom fabricating something professional.... cause that would just suck to have something professional for once wouldn't it? ugh... Got to be a way to do this stuff, otherwise what is the point of thinking it up?

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
yea well hey it never hurts to try new things. Just get some cheap things and give it try and when u fail just keep trying til u pass. Once u do that get the good stuff and make it work. it takes time to learn things.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea well hey it never hurts to try new things. Just get some cheap things and give it try and when u fail just keep trying til u pass. Once u do that get the good stuff and make it work. it takes time to learn things.
right there with ya bro, I'm gonna figure something out. Thank you. SPACE

·
Registered
442 Posts
i had a set of those underbody leds with the different colors and figured out the wiring so i could add extra leds. I ended up messing up the controller figuring it out though...eventually i buy another set and get led off ebay with leads on them and go to town.

im not sure how it would work with neon tubes but i guess if you made a controller that varied the current sent to them it could dim the lights.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Try the controller on a single tube to see if the tube/controller can perform like you want it to. Then you and GENTLY disassemble it, and copy the circuit board. you can get everything to do this at radio shack or frys electronics. It won't be anywhere nearly as small and nice, but im sure that if you try and power all the tubes through a single controller it'll short. But good luck and if it works throw a video up for us to see.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
if anybody could get a parts list needed for this with info for install, id b interested too n would give rep when its due

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.