Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got new HID bulds and they have a blue film around the outside of the bulb so that they look cool. One of the bulbs looks great and is fine. On the other bulb it always burns off the blue stuff, it just flakes off the bulb after like 20 minutes. This is the secend bulb I have had in it and both did the same thing.

·
Registered
346 Posts
hi im the annoying electrician from before, there are some lightbulbs that get so hot you CANT touch them with your bare hands, the oil from your fingers cooks on the light and burns it up. Next time u install them use the sleeve of ur shirt or a rag

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bulbs are just brighter but they have blue coating on them so they look like beemers and benz. The place installed them for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also does anyone know what the difference is in the PIAA bulbs. The guy at the place said they were $90 and that they are really good.

·
Registered
639 Posts
get some piaa bulbs. i have a pair of piaa xtreme white bulbs on my car. paid about 80 bucks for them. they are very bright, and have a light blue color to them. the great thing about these bulbs is, they last a very long time, they use the stock wattage so they wont burn the wiring or the housings, and they are very bright compared to stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts