Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i did a search and could not come up with what i was loooking for i know a lot people think this is a stupid mod but for night time driving on a country road or a field somewhere it would be fine, i am wanting to make one can't find any that i like the looks of. I am wanting to get a single tube bent with two angles on the end with 4 light mounts between them, that is not a problem, i need to know where to mount it at, also i want it to be removable i don't want to drive around with that on all the time. Anybody know where this could be. I like the lower basr design i saw on one of the threads about this that racing innovations did i believe, but i want the bar a little thicker, and the lights to be postioned around where the hood latches.

·
Registered
345 Posts
dinoadventures has something similar. you might want to shoot him a pm. his is a skid plate with bar and two lights mounted. dont think anyone sells exactly what your looking for so you may have to custom it.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Just to throw this in---the maximum # of forward facing lights, that be can lit while driving on the road, is 4. Anymore than 4 and it's illegal.

---Randy

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was planning on having to get it made by a shop around here, not really worried about the light law thats why i want it to be removable i don't plan on using it on normal roads there are bunch of back roads around here and empty fields and stuff where that would come in handy to see more to avoid all the deer out here.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Yes we all want to avoid those deer. Just thought id throw it out there incase you didn't know or were misinformed. It's legal to have them mounted, but no more than 4 forward facing lights can be lit at the same time while driving on the road.

---Randy

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up on the light law, hopefully i'll have time to get around to doing this in the near future.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks gives me a good place to go from i want to go a diff route though space it out more to cram 4 lights on there, that and i don't wanna get much safety factor from it not gonna leave it on more than acouple hours at a time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm looking for some sort of roof winshield mounts to try to mount a 50" curved light bar on my 2006 ford focus. Its a joke and a buddy bet me 50 bucks that I wouldn't do it so I have to now! Anyone know where I can find some pre made mounts? Somebody has to have had the same stupid idea!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts