Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a lowered SVTF (1 inch in the front 1.5 in the back) and was wondering what is the best place to get a cheap SVT stock suspension kit, looked at Steeda and FRP but what are my other options? Also are there any decent "cheap" [rofl] coilover setups that will give me some clearance for dirt roads?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a set of SVT Springs with 40k mile on them. I also have the front struts as well. That should "lift" you up a little bit.

Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i have stock svt springs that ill trade with you... the springs have about 5k on them..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea I'll have to get the car first! I definitely know I wont keep it lowered for long, friends cooper S sits about the same height and he cracked his splitter going into a parking lot at school, and I would occasionally venture out onto the groomed logging roads..

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Lift? you better be careful around here saying stuff like that.

Thats a dirty word on this forum.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea I'll have to get the car first! I definitely know I wont keep it lowered for long, friends cooper S sits about the same height and he cracked his splitter going into a parking lot at school, and I would occasionally venture out onto the groomed logging roads..
looks like a good road to rally on ;) its a beautiful thing. The furthest ive ever made my way into maine is jackman over by lobster lake

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lift? you better be careful around here saying stuff like that.

Thats a dirty word on this forum.
hahahaha its good to be different! I'm definitely not gonna throw all terrains on it and go muddin! But having a car that I have to unload all my gear, drain the tank and kick the illegals out of the spare tire hole just to go over a speed bump is gonna be a PITA. It certainly got your attention didn't it? [ohcrap]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like a good road to rally on ;) its a beautiful thing. The furthest ive ever made my way into maine is jackman over by lobster lake
Believe it or not the posted speed limit on this road is 45!
Yea lobster lake is nice i have a friend, who has a camp in the north east cove of moosehead right by lobster, theres a dirt road that goes from Jackman all the way to Fort Kent... 200 miles or so lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Believe it or not the posted speed limit on this road is 45!
Yea lobster lake is nice i have a friend, who has a camp in the north east cove of moosehead right by lobster, theres a dirt road that goes from Jackman all the way to Fort Kent... 200 miles or so lol
Yea I did a 50 mile canoe trip with the boy scouts in high school around there, we ended at the dam at the end of moosehead lake! It's beautiful up there! i totally wish i could drive on that road for 200 miles man... I know it might be controversial to say but... dirt motorsports > pavement motorsports [neener]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Even at that ride height you will have 6-8 inches of ground clearance. You will be fine driving on rough roads. Raising it to stock is silly.

·
Registered
160 Posts
hahahaha its good to be different! I'm definitely not gonna throw all terrains on it and go muddin! But having a car that I have to unload all my gear, drain the tank and kick the illegals out of the spare tire hole just to go over a speed bump is gonna be a PITA. It certainly got your attention didn't it? [ohcrap]

I have to say thas pretty freaking cool lol

·
Registered
528 Posts

As cool as that looks, I think its photoshopped lol (No Reflections of the people in the door)

You should be able to find a stock SVT setup somewhere for a good price on here, used, but with low miles, so it should suit your needs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres how it sits now, drove it in and out of the Ford dealer which is a huge grade transfer to the street at an insane angle and no bottoming out!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And yes I know its terribly filthy and the headlights are cloudy as hell, this is because i don't own it yet.... I can make a turd shine!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts