Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've recently lifted my 2013 focuse se and I went the route of using 2014 escape suspension using front struts but I also used the h&r lift springs instead of the oem springs from the escape and with intentions of going taller I also used 2014 escape front subframe that from factory has 1' spacers on it but leaves everything like the steering rack and tranny torc mount in oem location so no issues bolting that in but running the lift spring in the oem struts it causes them to max out when hitting speed bumps and what not like others have said but my main concern is the amount of positive camber and lack of adjustment for that with stock strut but I feel oem spring and strut set up would have no issue at all and as for the rear I just put the lift spring in and it works but I still need to get a longer trailing arm as it's moved the rear wheels closer to the body of the car and I'm currently thinking of swapping the whole rear subframe rear knuckles lower control arms and trailing arm from the 2013+14 escape to fix the issues in the rear I'm still running my oem 2013 focuse rear struts which current set up as well but until I figure out these issues I can't run the 40mm spacer lift that I've also purchased any insite from you guys would be great and if u have any questions just ask I'm also fom Ontario Canada 🇨🇦
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
11 Posts
At one point I was thinking of doing the same thing but I thought use just use the struts and arms from the escape (kuga over here), opt for a softer spring setup, keeping the standard subframes then check alignment, wouldn’t be too far out as the kuga is basically a raised focus but wouldn’t of known to align as a focus or as a kuga, it would of just been a case of trial and error. I changed my mind in the end but I was also thinking a Volvo v50 running gear and a RS fuel tank to make it AWD, maybe one day when I have another car to daily I could look back into doing this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts