Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are SVT's suppose to get any sort of different treatment when they are in the dealership at all? I was just curious because I thought I had heard that before.

On a side note, when your car is in for sercvice do they pull the E-Brake or leave in in gear?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
because ford is doing away with exclusivity regarding svt products, you should be able to get your vehicle serviced at any dealership. I would recommend only going to an svt dealer though...their techs have a little bit more training that the average mechanic.

e-brake vs. gear...depends on who works on the car. most people use the e-brake

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasnt sure, but I had been told that they are suppose to be cleaned before they leave the dealership. As for SVT dealers, I dont know of any in the NW Ohio region

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about if when you yourslef pull the car into the service area and pull the E-Brake?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
they're supposed to wash and vacuum your car and give you a loaner every time you go in for services larger than oil changes.

if you don't want them to park the car using the transmission to hold it, tell them...but since it's a manual, it's unlikely that they'll park it using only the trans to hold it.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Thats only at a certified svt dealership, for now. YOu can have your svt worked on at any Ford dealer but they have to get prior approval on bigger work like the clutch TSB. Only the svt dealeships are obligated to do the car wash and loaner, but just between us on here, i wouldnt let our clean up guys touch mine, lol.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The SVT being exclusive depends on the dealer. Some dealers tell you ford won't warranty a repair unless it's taken to a SVT certified dealer, sometimes that's not true. It depends on whatever that dealer feels like or doesn't feel like doing. As far a calling the 1800SVT number I think that is the biggest joke I've ever heard. I've called them twice on two different instances and both times they never know what's up unless it's a problem with a Cobra or Lightining. One time I was having a problem with my drivers seat cloth insert tearing up I took it to the dealer 3 times for the bottom seat cushion to be replaced and three times the leather was a totally different look, I called SVT and the advice I got was to take it to a shop that specializes in auto leather and interiors have them fix the seat, pay out of my own pocket then take it to the dealer to see if they would reimburse me. 1800 SVT just bends over for Ford. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts