Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to mount my license plat on the front of my car without drilling holes in the bumper. Does anyone have a solution for this?? Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Velcro? But i would say that would fall out from the weather....ummm i mean that is a really hard solution....use some sort of glue or wire ties but with wire ties you need a part to mount it with which id say drill holes......

·
Registered
758 Posts
Some people i've heard have adapted license plate mounts so that they fit through the lower grille and outside to mount the plate on, but i've never really seen anyone successfully mount anything directly to the bumper without having to drill....are you required to put one in front according to state laws? Or are you just looking to add a novelty plate?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunately the state requires me to put one on. I have to see what I can figure out. Thanks! And any other suggestions are welcome!

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
Or you can always put it in the front window so it can be visible from the front of your car. theres really no other way to put it on without drilllin.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I saw some one take one of those backing plates from a car store and retrofit it so that the top of the lower grill lined up with the top of the plate. The plate hung down lower than the front bumper by just a bit. Didn't look too bad and there were no holes.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm assuming he doesn't want to drill holes in his nice bumper. Why on Earth would he want to stick tape to it then?

I'd just put it up on the dash in the front like FocusFreak09 said.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
my sisters fiance was court ordered to add a front plate to his 350z, which is custom candy painted, and he didnt want to... so he made a bracket that went from the lower grill, and bent upwards to mount the plate to and bolt it inside the bumper to some metal in there... totally secure, and hands about 1/2 inch away from the bumper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts