Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

I recently had to go back to the stock license plate bulbs because the LEDs I ordered from 42draftdesigns would randomly go out and I would have to tap the bumper to turn them on. I also noticed that with any contact with metal to the housing screws the lights would flicker. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I had the same problems with the LED bulbs I ordered from superbrightleds.com. I ordered them again and after a while back to the same results. I switched back to stock, as much as I hated to because every other single bulb on my car has been replaced with leds

·
Registered
370 Posts
I went with name brand sylvania LEDS and spent more but no issues yet. Super bright and about $12 a piece but well worth it both inside and out!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I also initially had the bulbs from 42draftdesigns, and got pulled over and issued a repair order cause they were flickering as I was driving down the road. My sister works for the State Police and got one of the troopers to sign off on my repair order and I just stuck the stock bulbs back in. I bought the Sylvania LED bulbs ($9.99 each at AutoZone) and they do not flicker now. I bang on the bumper occasionally to see if they will flicker but haven't yet. It's been over a month and still all good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got mine from superbrightleds about 6 months ago and havent had any problems as of yet. I know the housings for the bulbs arent the greatest and are prone to not fight as tight over age.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
If you cheaply mod your car and expect any type of result other then complete crap you are kidding yourself.

Why are LED's so damn popular now, its awful to look at, plus there is nothing like being blinded by the car in front of you with two bright ass beams on there license plate.

Like being pulled over? Here is a damn good way! The reflections of the plate can hinder visibility of your plate, which could get you pulled over, and ticketed.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Then perhaps you should tell all the major automakers to stop using LEDs standard on all their cars.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Perhaps you all use cheap ass LED's. [giggle]

Just because it is done on other cars does not mean it is meant for ours. Throw some HID's in your stock housing! Seems like your thing, since all the big manufacturers are doing it now.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'll make sure to put the stock housings back on and blind you specifically

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
652 Posts
Never been blinded by LED tag lights.....

HIDs in halogen designed headlights... Now thats a different story [:(!]

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Halogens are just as blinding, its not something exclusive to HIDs.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
False. A factory set up halogen is strictly set up with strict standards to shoot a direct line of light, apposed to a incorrectly/retro fitted HID which spread light not shoot it in a beam. Which is why they are illegal to have in stock housing.

LED License Plates bulbs are like neons, worth-less and just uses excessive light that could distract a driver.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Never got hi beams flashed at me for my hids. They don't bother me as well. What's more of a problem is lifted trucks behind you with halogen or hids. Still doesn't bother me but oncoming cars with hids is just whatever. Some cars such as escalades that come equipped with hids are more brighter than those with hids in halogen housings. Anyways, LEDs in my license plates are fine and look great. Anyone get led cree bulbs for reverse?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Anyone get led cree bulbs for reverse?
I do. I have 6 3watt cree leds for reverse lights. Lights up everything.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I do. I have 6 3watt cree leds for reverse lights. Lights up everything.
Are those the "projector" looking LEDs I see? I have some 9 SMD ones from CarID or something. They're pretty nice, but I wish it was brighter sometimes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts