Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually had sucess with the led license plate lamps?? I mean not burning out. Thanks post some pics please!

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah i have, you need to buy the 14 volt version.. there is a VW website some where that sells ones that fit our car with resistors built in, and runs on 14 volts. Ill try to locate it for you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Here is my setup. It is far from a "drop in" solution, but it has outlasted any of the LED bulbs that I have tried. I have had these working for about 1 year now. It can be done. Before this, I could not get a commercially available LED bulb to last more than a month in this application.

The bar of light at the bottom is my reverse light.

Note the retro plates. :)

·
Spunky!!!
5,730 Posts

got these from ebay... didnt last very long.
got another pair, same.
the bad thing about these LEDs are if one of the leds burns out, it causes a strobe-like flashing with the whole bulb.
these had 6 LEDs in each bulb.

still looking for a place/site to order some decent bulbs from.

·
Registered
759 Posts
just wondering.. anyone check out www.autolumination.com ? they have ALOT of LED replacements.. styles, sizes, colors.. auto, home, oddball applications.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i been wondering about this ... ahaha...

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
just wondering.. anyone check out www.autolumination.com ? they have ALOT of LED replacements.. styles, sizes, colors.. auto, home, oddball applications.
ive had mine from them for well over 6 months and counting and they work great, had to adjust the contacts that hold the light cuz they were a little loose but once i did they were great!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually ordered some bulbs from autolumination.com just havent installed them yet I got the "Cool white" ones that have three leds each they were the 39mm festoons and were 3.99 each i will let you guys know if they work come spring when the svt comes out.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Let me know as well what goes on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts