Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wish it had the new Focus logo instead of the older one on it...I am still up in the air if I should get frames. Still haven't put my front plate on...::knocks on wood::

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I'm still advertising for the dealer with my frames. I'm having the damndest time finding two black ones that are exactly the same at any store. Basically the same as what's above with only the two top screw holes and the taller bottom part of the frame.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm kind of a frameless guy but that style makes me rethink. That top part cannot legally cover any portion of "Arizona" on my plate. Could be close. As long as it doesn't rattle when I close the hatch.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea that's what I'm worried about, afaik it's not supposed to cover the month and the state. I'm hoping it won't do that. (oct + missouri)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm kind of a frameless guy but that style makes me rethink. That top part cannot legally cover any portion of "Arizona" on my plate. Could be close. As long as it doesn't rattle when I close the hatch.
I use two sided tape (3M brand, it's gray foam with a red backing) between the frame, plate, and car good, and if you add a stereo it's usualy enough to keep the plate from rattling

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's what I like. Simple and clean.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Took off the dealer frame from rear of car. I like the bare plate better.
On the front i made the majority of the plate black to match the black front insert.

Seems OK. My last car i had the cut down in size front plate inside up near the rearview mirror passenger side for over 12 years.. never a problem.

And i debadged the rear. took off Focus badge and SE badge.
((Actually i love the original focus in small letters (not caps) plain text truck insignia instead of script, and almost would buy a set of the letters to stick on my car.))

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I use two sided tape (3M brand, it's gray foam with a red backing) between the frame, plate, and car good, and if you add a stereo it's usualy enough to keep the plate from rattling
+1 I actually used some of the interior mounting 3M tape (the green) I had laying around, for my mother's and sister's cars. Worked like a charm, no rattle or anything.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts